- 10+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role.
- 5+ years of experience successfully managing design teams and leading full life cycle design projects, form design strategy through execution and market introduction.
- Bachelor’s, or equivalent degree, in Design, HCI, or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
Work hard, have fun, and make history at Amazon Web Services!
Do you enjoy leading a team of UX designers and researchers working on a broad portfolio of large-scale, complex, customer-oriented products? Do you thrive in an innovative, dynamic, and technical work culture that always pushes you to experiment and learn? Are you a relentless self-starter who will boldly do what’s best for our customers; someone with a true pioneering spirit, willing to “get hands dirty” in a start-up environment while being able to optimize for both short- and long-term goals? Are you an experienced and customer-focused senior UX leader with a track record of successful delivery? If yes, then you will enjoy working as a Senior Manager of UX Design & Research at AWS.
AWS is used by millions of users around the globe—from small start-ups to household names like Netflix and NASA—and AWS Support is one of the largest and fastest growing business units within AWS. The Kumo team in AWS Support provides technology and trusted expertise that intelligently anticipate and resolve AWS customer needs, helping them adopt, optimize, and operate at scale. Kumo’s products, used by AWS customers and the Support teams that help them, are vital to ensuring exceptional customer experiences on AWS. Our team owns customer-facing applications like Trusted Advisor, Personal Health Dashboard, and Support Center and internal tooling such as Case Management, Troubleshooting, and Customer Event Management. We are a highly innovative, global organization revolutionizing the way customers engage with and seek help from AWS.
Our team has the rare opportunity to support every service and every AWS account, and we are obsessed with creating exceptional customer experiences. Because of our team’s broad mission and scope, we need a talented, passionate Senior Manager of UX Design & Research to lead a team of UX designers and user researchers in defining and driving the design vision for our product portfolio. You will be responsible for the end-to-end experience of all Kumo products, define design productivity for the team, and develop mechanisms to measure successful user experiences for our customers.
As an experienced manager, you excel at leading a team of designers and researchers in building delightful experiences for customers, running ideation and brainstorming sessions with senior leadership, influencing product and engineering organizations, and building relationships with other design teams within AWS. You will have a significant impact on the creative direction of AWS Support products. Come join us, and help create world-class customer support experiences for AWS.
- Manage and creatively lead a team of user experience designers and user researchers to define and deliver end-to-end experiences for customers using AWS Support products.
- Define, develop and socialize a clear vision for design innovation and big thinking without sacrificing speed of delivery.
- Work cross-functionally to drive elegant design solutions from early concept through final implementation and iteration.
- Use data and customer insights to confidently defend design solutions with senior leaders.
- Lead brainstorming and critique sessions that foster big thinking while raising the bar on the details.
- Use systems-level design thinking to drive design solutions from your team that scale.
- Experience leading collaborative, cross-team projects in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating versatile experience in user-centered design solutions across multiple platforms.
- Experience leading and working in rapid, iterative design and development processes.
- Proven track record presenting to and influencing stakeholders, from other designers to senior executive management.
- Knowledge of best practices for information architecture and UX design, as well as usability principles and techniques.
- Strong writing, presentation and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver large-scale, complex strategic design initiatives.
- Demonstrated industry thought leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems design.
- Demonstrated ability to help identify and define a product backlog.
- Strong design thinking, human centered design, and analysis skills.
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our customers.
- Meet/exceed Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meet/exceed Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.