Sr. Mechanical Engineer
We are currently seeking a Sr. Mechanical Engineer for our Northampton, MA location.
- Supporting design effort by performing mechanical engineering analysis to establish validity of proposed designs.
- Participating in design reviews and provide feedback to enhance the structural and thermal performance of components and mechanisms.
- Capable of developing working designs using 3D computer aided design tools
- Performing and documenting structural and thermal analysis utilizing classical techniques and finite element analysis to establish the validity of proposed designs.
- Performing kinematic and dynamic analysis of mechanisms.
- Performing modal shock and vibration analysis.
- Conducting and documenting thermal analysis and flow induced vibration analysis.
- Working with mechanical designers and other engineers to optimize designs for structural and thermal performance.
- Participating in design reviews to demonstrate that design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Supporting the creation of technical performance specifications and assisting purchasing department with procurement of items as necessary.
- Preparing and reviewing design documentation in accordance with contract requirements and/or internal standards.
- Contributing to technical proposal efforts as part of a program capture team
- Performing estimates for manpower and other resource factors for related tasks.
- Preparing and presenting internal and external design reviews, Preliminary Design Review and Critical Design Review activities to demonstrate the design meets all specifications and customer requirements.
- Critically examine a new or existing design to verify that design principles have been correctly applied.
- Developing working designs, computer solid models, design layouts and drawings using MCAD/MCAE tools.
- Insuring quality through adherence to the Quality Systems Manual, applicable Standard Work Instructions and other standards invoked internally or contractually.
- Able to work independently and check/verify work performed by less senior mechanical engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 7+ years of experience
- Experience having the autonomy to make or influence decisions on a program with out needing significant guidance or supervision.
- Highest capability and efficiency in using computer tools MCAD, MathCAD and experience utilizing analysis tools ABAQUS, CF Design, Mechanical
- Ability to perform classical calculations and interpret convergence data to validate FEA results
- Must meet eligibility requirements to access U.S. Classified information
- Capable of some domestic and international travel
- Prior experience selecting adhesives and analyzing potted assemblies.
- Must have Secret Clearance at the time of hire
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.