Northrop Grumman is seeking an experienced Linux Systems Administrator who will apply system administration and troubleshooting skills in support of multiple, dynamic software development and test environments.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage and maintain secure, minimally-interrupted operations of Linux servers and workstations
- Support bare-metal and virtual machines
- Coordinate actions with peer system administrators, network administrators, security teams, software teams and hardware engineers
- Recommend and implement performance-enhancement, reliability-enhancement, and automation solutions
- Install hardening and patching Linux operating systems
- Troubleshoot end-user issues; developing and documenting technical procedures.
- Primary system administration duties reside in classified environments; proto-typing, testing, and proof-of-concept work done in an unclassified environment when possible.
The selected candidate will:
- Be proficient working from a command-line environment
- Able to partition disks, create logical volumes, create file systems and mount file systems in Linux environments
- Read, modify and create shell script and scripts in various other languages
- Understand basic LDAP and DNS concepts and be able to query these services for information and troubleshoot issues in Linux environments
- Learn new technologies on own and work effectively independently, while still coordinating actions as required
- Install and configure COTS software, and perform configuration and maintenance in Linux environments
- Interact with and successfully utilize boards-of-approval to maintain required security controls and configuration management
- Perform technical research on Information Technology topics, as requested, and produce presentations and recommendations
- Occasional travel to customer sites or other Northrop Grumman sites in support of troubleshooting, testing, and deployment activities
- Must be proficient in the administration and support of a NetApp storage environment.
- Lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work after hours and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and 9 years of experience OR Master’s degree and 7 years of experience OR Associate’s degree and 11 years of experience; 13 years of related experience may be considered in lieu of completed degree
- Current Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar security certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Active DoD Secret security clearance and ability to maintain clearance
- Ability to be cleared to special access programs
- Experience with RedHat Enterprise Linux OS
- Experience managing a NetApp storage device
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Redhat System Administration certification(s)
- Experience with NAS storage device (preferably NetApp) administration (ONTAP 8.x or higher ; CDOT)
- Solid understanding of Enterprise-level storage concepts to include all commonly-used RAID-levels
- Redhat Satellite Server (version 5 and version 6) configuration and usage experience
- Solid understanding of remediating security vulnerabilities ; Experience hardening Redhat systems in accordance with RMF and STIGs
- Networker backup and restore experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.