Are you ready to put your experience to work at Northrop Grumman? If so, our Defense Systems Sector is wanting you to join our Team as a Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontracts Specialist to support the procurement, award and management of spares, out of production aircraft parts, assemblies, sub-assemblies and structural components.
You will apply your full cradle to grave knowledge in subcontracting activity as defined, but not limited to, the following:
- Verifies/Validates purchase requisitions by comparing items requested to subcontractor database; clarifying unclear items; recommending alternatives.
- Prepares and submits request for Proposals both in competitive and non-competitive environments.
- Manages and performs Source selection down select for winning bids.
- Negotiates terms & conditions, price and delivery schedules with subcontractors.
- Performs price analysis on proposed pricing from subcontractor’s utilizing price analysis techniques, market research, historical pricing and price comparisons.
- Responsible for award and management of Subcontracts from order placement to delivery & closeout.
- Verifies and approves receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with subcontractors.
- Validates proper paperwork is received at time of delivery (Certificate of Conformance, Manufacturing Certs).
- Authorizes payment for completed orders.
- Maintains electronic Subcontract files in SAP IAW Corporate and sector policy and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of Subcontracts related experience; or MS degree and 8 year of experience; or 4 years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor’s degree (14 yrs total)
- Strong Microsoft Office experience – Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Government or Aerospace buying experience
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR
- Experience with aircraft maintenance activities and spares procurement under US Govt. prime contracts.
- Import / Export (ITAR) experience for movement of materials and technology
- SAP Experience
- Knowledge of CPSR and government audits
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.