The Watch Officer opening is a full-time opportunity supporting a defense based client based in Arlington, VA. (Monday through Friday, day and night shifts.)The Watch Officer gathers information, synthesizes and adds context to intelligence data in an effort to mitigate threats to the corporate critical infrastructure as well as providing escalation continuity of operations focal point for information and emergencies to our client. The candidate should be an intelligence/cyber practitioner who has a passion for analysis, problem-solving and advising decision-makers. The successful candidate will work in a high-visibility 24/7 operations center.
The candidate will also perform cyber analysis activities as part of the Northrop Grumman ASDO Team. Additionally, the Shift Lead (ASDO) will:
- Take responsibility for their assigned tasks.
- Work rotating shifts to ensure 24/7 coverage for Watch Operations.
- Monitor global events in an effort to identify potential threats to the client’s corporate critical infrastructure (people, facilities, assets, and brand/reputation) by providing stakeholders with situational awareness and analysis to assist in effective decision making. Potential threats include, but are not limited to: natural disasters, civil unrest, terrorism, health crises, etc.
- Monitor Open Source databases and various systems (e.g., internal communication channels, social media, intelligence applications, and other data sources) for important or critical information that may require notification of senior management 24 hours a day.
- Maintain a log of all rotating shifts activities including the notifications from various clients and identified situations.
- Create recurrent intelligence reports and emergent notification report. Be prepared to brief management on developing situations as needed.
- Create and deliver additional focused products as directed.
- Deliver concise and effective information, threat reporting, critical incident management briefings, etc as needed, potentially under conditions of high stress and in a fast-paced environment.
- Understand the operation of all communications and information technology hardware, software, and firmware utilized to perform watch functions.
- Work closely with GSOC Operators, Executive Protection Agents, Events Teams, and other Security Departments to support planned events and evolving situations by providing intelligence and support information as needed.
- Monitors subscription-based alerting services, cable and local news, social media, and other open sources for threats to client critical infrastructure (people, facilities, assets, brand/reputation) and operations around the globe.
- Prepares and rapidly disseminates in-depth intelligence reports for senior leadership, security, and other business units as needed.
- Responds to emergency situations to protect the safety and security of employees.
- Provides oral and/or written briefings to client staff, senior leadership, and business area representatives.
- Utilizes proprietary processes and technologies to support enterprise-wide international security and crisis management programs.
- Other services and support as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required or a Masters Degree with 7 years of related experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation for continued employment.
- Candidate must be willing to work Panama schedule.
- 7 Years of experience in direct support of technical support troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated ability to provide necessary attention to solve different level problems, often multitasking to solve moderate level problems.
- Demonstrated experience acting to address current issues, respond quickly and effectively in a crisis, determining future priorities, and leading ad hoc or project teams.
- Experience creating staff schedules and develops staffing forecasts.
- Must be flexible and able to work within a 24X7X365 support environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office automation solutions.
- Experience in using the Remedy Service Management and Knowledge Management System (KMS), and ServiceNOW
- Leadership experience and ability to work efficiently with end users, operational support and development teams comprised of government customers and contractors.
- Solid understanding of security operations
- Ability to think critically and write objectively
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- ITIL Foundations or certificate in related discipline preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.