- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a Supply Chain/Operations discipline
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain, operations, logistics or inventory management
Have you ever ordered a product on Amazon and when that box with the smile arrived, you wondered how it got to you so fast? Have you wondered where it came from and how much it cost Amazon to deliver it to you? If so, the NA Amazon Logistics Central Operations Team is for you. We generate delivery routes for of tens of millions of products every week to Amazon’s customers, achieving on-time delivery in a cost-effective manner.
Amazon seeks a passionate, results-oriented, Senior Program Manager with a passion for scrappy innovation, a knack for problem solving, and the ability to thrive in ambiguity, to drive new initiatives and program launches for Amazon Logistics (AMZL). You will be a key member of strategic initiatives that will continue to improve last-mile processes to scale for rapidly increasing volume and complexity and support our Delivery Service Provider (DSP) partners and their delivery drivers.
Successful candidates will have strong analytical skills and can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. He/she must have the experience and ability to create and present a roadmap that aligns with Amazon’s strategic objectives with regional leadership. It’s crucial that this individual is able to influence and gain the buy-in of others on a large scale and navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment. This individual should be able to hit the ground running by analyzing root causes, determining and implementing long-term solutions, and driving action based on analytical, mathematical, and quantitative data.
- Previous experience Benchmarking Supply Chain, Finance, Technology and/or Human Resources.
- Strong communication skills in both verbal and written format.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills paired with hands-on attitude, excellent attention to detail, and good business judgment.
- Familiarity with supply chain management concepts – forecasting, planning, optimization, logistics – gained through work experience or graduate level education.
- Experience measuring key operational metrics (e.g., order cycle time, ship estimate accuracy, on time and complete shipment, inventory record defect rate).Enjoys analytical work and using data to provide thought-provoking and workable solutions. Leader of projects and history of helping the team achieve goals.
- Tableau and Excel skills.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment; ability to re-prioritize on a regular basis in order to remain current with business needs
- Self-motivated; ability to handle multiple responsibilities under limited supervision
- Proven record of innovation and thought leadership
- Ability to present technical results appropriately given the audience
- Ability to influence others in a positive and professional manner
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.