- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional projects
- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
The Recruiting Engine Team is reinventing how we recruit at Amazon. Recruiting the right candidates across all of Amazon is critical to our ability to innovate and build on behalf of customers. As the search for talent becomes more competitive, we are bringing together recruiting, science, tech, programs, and process teams to find and hire candidates who raise the bar more quickly and efficiently. We are seeking a Sr. Program Manager who will play a critical role for defining process within the Recruiting Process Management team and benchmark recruiting lifecycle processes and metrics across different lines of business globally. They will drive speed, quality, and simplification by eliminating rework loops, reducing and automating manual work and hand-offs, identifying and implementing best practices across the business, and minimizing process variability through standardization and automation.
This position requires a candidate with proven leadership ability and judgment to motivate others to achieve impeccable quality in a deadline-driven environment. You will diagnose Amazon processes, identify improvement opportunities, prescribe improvement strategies, establish benchmark targets, and guide improvement efforts. You will be responsible for leading and driving process improvements (short-term wins) as well as influence tech design / redesign (long-term wins) efforts. You will be a creator and caretaker of global best practice documentation. Your success will be enabled by maintaining close relationships with internal stakeholders and understanding our highest priority execution pain-points and opportunities, which you will translate into benchmarking initiatives that improve processes, tools, and team capabilities.
The ideal candidate has experience of working on strategy, data analysis, process development, and execution. You are a quick learner who enjoys working in a dynamic, ambiguous space with ever-changing priorities, who has strong prioritization abilities and can complete a high volume of complex tasks. You are also a detail-oriented planner with the demonstrated ability to communicate and respond effectively and efficiently while maintaining flexibility. You are highly analytical, resourceful, and customer-focused with an ability to deliver results through influence. You will have a proven track record at taking end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We are open to Seattle or other North America-based locations. Preference for HQ2 (DC/Arlington, VA), Vancouver BC, Austin, Dallas, NYC, Minneapolis, or Portland.
- Master’s degree (MBA, Engineering, Operations Management, Mathematics, Science)
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification
- Experience with written and verbal communications for both technical and non-technical audiences at the senior leadership level
- Demonstrated knowledge of key business metrics, providing metric inputs to various reporting, and communicating metrics to stakeholders in support of business objectives
- Self-starter who takes the initiative and works with minimal direction
- Proficient in obtaining, organizing, and analyzing data to challenge conventional wisdom, make fact-based decisions, and drive root cause analysis, and evaluate outcomes
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent certification