What you are good at:
- Design, development, testing, deployment, and support of technology for Advisor Service Technology applications
- Technical leadership of personnel, including coaching and mentoring of more junior technical resources
- Supporting applications and systems in a production environment
- Reviewing requirements and translating them into a documented technical design
- Working with an Agile team to deliver solutions
- Interacting with individuals from across Schwab in different supporting organizations and business groups
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related practical experience
- 12+ years of professional experience in software development
- 8+ years of real-world experience in Java and C#.Net
- 5+ years of experience building REST services that support high volume transactions in highly available environments
- Working knowledge of cloud frameworks & design patterns such as Micro-services, Micro-UI, 12-factor design, OOD etc.
- Experience building cloud-ready applications (AWS, Azure, GCF, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or similar cloud infrastructure)
- Good understanding of database concepts and experience with either SQL or NoSQL solutions. (e.g. SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop)
- Knowledge of authorization frameworks (e.g., OAuth 2, SAML, JWT)
- Experience leading other technically, including providing coaching and mentoring as well as ensuring high code quality and adherence to standards
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to fully support all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Ability to review requirements, translate these requirements into a design, implement and fully test this design; testing experience should include all aspects of testing (unit, functional, integration, end-to-end)
- Production implementation and support
- Participation in all review and governance activities
- Must be a critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to quickly grasp complex concepts and learn new technologies
- Ability to work independently and to effectively interact and collaborate with all types of stakeholders, both technical and business, peers and leaders
- Detail oriented self-starter
- Experience with Agile and being a part of a scrum team
- Understanding of patterns and practice
- Ability to contribute to application and platform architecture and design
Other jobs you may like
We are searching for a Senior Software Developer to join our Digital Experience software engineering team within the McKesson Technology business unit. This team is creating the next generation of RPA and cognitive software automation products, utilising data sensing, transformation, machine intelligence and user interface technologies. The team is a brand-new team, and this person will get the opportunity to be involved in a start up like team building great products from the ground up. Primary deliverables will be automation (RPA and Cognitive) of tasks, integration of automation tools, and custom software solutions as needed.
- Team lead to help ideate, create and develop a suite of microservices to help automate several existing workflows that exist in our Technology domain
- Team lead for agile development practices within the group
- Help to interpret the business landscape of application, assets and tools to discover opportunities to prevent, predict, detect and respond to application defects/bugs- application monitoring systems
- Contribute towards thought leadership across the business through presentations, demos and video calls with business sponsors / product owners.
- 80% coding time/responsibility and remaining time – Mentor, inspire and develop other software engineers in the group
- Must have undertaken RPA/Cognitive Automation and Machine Learning coding and implementations
- Co-Ordinate with Principle engineer for automation solutions and architecture and be a technical lead on the team to deliver products
- Close collaboration with Product Owner to write user stories and break it down to the junior engineers
- Have fun! – contribute towards a productive yet fun team environment.
Typically requires 7+ years of relevant experience
- 7+ years’ hands on experience in a coding role, development team environment, preferably Agile.
- Experience building automated solution to replicate simple and complex workflows in an organization such as single workflow, robotic handover, machine learning
- Knowledge of Java is essential
- Experience with Java Script, React, and Redux
- Experience using microservices architecture, CI-CD Pipeline and Cloud experience (GCP, AWS or Azure) is a must
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with HTML, CSS, Node.JS, PostgreSQL
- Experience working in a global software engineering function is a distinct plus
- Knowledge of core security principles is a plus
- Knowledge of flutter, iOS or Android development is a plus
- Ability to understand the business and technical requirements while developing the associated content and documentation.
- Excellent problem-solving and technical skills
- Ability to establish goals, objectives, and work plans
- Demonstrate a growth mindset – willingness to learn through collaboration
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.