We seek to empower learners around the world to acquire the skills enabling them to get a job, advance in their career and achieve more. Here is an opportunity for you to influence our learning programs and experiences designed to build world class capability for customers, partners, employees, and future generations.
Within Worldwide Learning, we reach millions of learners where they are, anytime, anywhere, and deliver experiences that support exploring, learning, practicing, and proving their skills. We use the Dynamics 365 platform to augment and enhance our ability to support learners throughout their learning journey across the diversity of our program offerings.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to create solutions that delight customers and deliver business value in support of our learning programs. You will be involved in designing, configuring, implementing the business solutions and features leveraging Dynamics 365 capabilities that enable our business partners. This is a data-driven and agile environment, where software engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from conception to scale. It is a great opportunity to work on highly strategic scenarios, work with Dynamics 365 Products Group to drive feedback into the product through internal implementations, solving complex business problems.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with cross-discipline teams to solve complex business challenges using the Dynamics 365 and Power Platform to enable successful delivery of our learning programs. You will also demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods, and processes from Microsoft and industry. You will use every opportunity to build features to be reusable across multiple solutions, as well as leverage features from others in your solutions. More specifically, you will:
- Build front-end web solutions on top of Dynamics 365 and the Power Platform (PowerApps, PowerBI, Power Automate, Customer Insights, Power Virtual Agents).
- Architect platform capabilities keeping reusability, scalability, and adoption in mind.
- Drive design, requirements, engineering, agile execution, and technical discussions.
- Demonstrate engineering excellence through commitment to quality execution, continued improvement, and customer empathy.
- Mentor and act as a role model for junior developers.
- Contribute to a team culture that embraces diversity and inclusion.
To be successful in this role, you must have strong verbal and written communication skills, a positive attitude, and the creativity to tackle hard, ambiguous problems in innovative ways. You also thrive in a team environment that values cross-team collaboration and building on the success of others in addition to the below:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience.
- 3+ years of experience building great UI/UX for the web using ASP.NET, REST, C# and SQL
- Experience designing and developing responsive web applications.
- Experience delivering enterprise solutions and deployments.
- Ability to work in a team environment that promotes collaboration.
- Exceptional problem solving, technical, and data analysis skills.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience/education.
- Passion for quality with strong customer empathy and focus.
- Agile methodology experience.
- 5+ years of experience building, integrating, or customizing enterprise scale business applications leveraging Dynamics 365 or other CRM software packages (Salesforce, SAP, etc.).
- Experience with Accessibility Standards (WCAG 2.0).
- Experience with ReactJS or React Native is a plus.
- Expertise in Microsoft Azure technologies and SSIS is a plus.
An ideal candidate will bring:
- Customer empathy & Obsession.
- A strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design. Alternatively, in depth knowledge of Dynamics365 capabilities, architecture and deployment.
- Self-motivation and proactive attitude.
- Able to operate independently and guide team.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.