- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
- Ability to work in start-up mode or with fast moving requirements and working with PM, Tech teams in building customer facing benefits and experiences
- Ability to be a hands on tech individual contributor with experience in tech design, development and making high judgement decisions
Amazon Prime TPM is a cross-functional team of Technical Program Managers that are responsible to run large technology initiatives for Prime membership program across the company. Within Prime as part of Benefits and Proposition Team the TPM’s support high velocity events like Prime Day, innovations that include operating in start up like mode to launch new Prime benefits and partner with ML/Product and Tech teams to drive customer discovery and engagement. If you are interested in driving highly visible and impactful initiatives for Amazon, this is the best team for you.
The Prime Benefits TPM Team is seeking an exceptional Sr Technical Program Manager for a challenging, high-value, high-visibility program. As a Sr TPM for Amazon Prime, you will be responsible for delivering projects with huge strategic impact. You will work with various software and business teams around the company to identify and drive innovative solutions that achieve business goals. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the next generation of Amazon Prime! You will get to innovate and work across Prime and partner teams across Amazon to come up with customer facing benefits, support tens-of-thousands of transactions per second and drive innovation.
Amazon Prime has over 150 million paid members in 19 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items.
The ideal candidate is creative with superior analytical abilities across business and technology
- A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience building complex software systems successfully delivered to customers.
- Proven experience in innovative business practices that have been game changing for business evolution.
- Experience leading complex projects involving multiple global teams
- Must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements and prioritize
- Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position
- Comfort interacting with a broad set of business stakeholders and leading meetings both over the phone and in person
- Qualified candidates have extensive experience defining programs and implementing them across a team focused on delivering projects that meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Experience with service oriented architecture and object oriented design
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical stakeholders
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.