Who We Are:
Twitter is committed to serving the public conversation by helping users stay informed and discuss what matters. In order to better facilitate the public conversation, we are seeking a Senior User Researcher to be a part of the Consumer team. Our research helps inspire, design, and build the products that fuel Twitter’s mission to give everyone the power to create and share ideas and information instantly, without barriers. We have a direct impact on product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences that help users stay up to date with what matters most to them and connect to others with shared interests. We are part of a larger design and research team that is full of amazingly talented and fun people who are passionate about Twitter’s ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way.
What You’ll Do:
As a senior member of our User Research team you will help our partners internalize the user experience. In this role, you will create understanding of the problems our users are trying to solve and develop empathy for our customer’s stated and unstated product needs. You’ll work closely with Product, Engineering and Design to identify better ways to address the goals of new and existing customers, build engaging product experiences and grow Twitter’s user base.
You will accomplish this by championing a customer-centered process that integrates insights and feedback throughout the product development cycle. You will conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through a variety of research techniques and methods (i.e. field visits, ethnography, surveys and usability tests). Your research will help us create a product experience that is innovative, useful, usable, and delightful. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings and influencing with an informed point of view.
Above all else, as a senior member you’ll mentor junior members by investing your energy and talents in supporting the career growth and development of the people on your team.
Who You Are:
If this sounds like a fit for you, you probably have:
- Expertise in understanding and high quality execution of a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and how to synthesize them together
- Comfort working in a fast-paced and ambiguous environment while simultaneously conducting end to end research reflective of industry and established best practices
- Exceptional project management skills and experience prioritizing and guiding multiple internal and/or outsourced projects simultaneously from ideation to completion
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable takeaways; comfort presenting analysis and recommendations to executive audiences and key stakeholders across departments
- Strong storytelling capabilities, you can bring research findings to life in creative ways, utilizing excellent data visualization artifacts (storyboards, user flows, journey maps)
- Inquisitive mindset that fuels your desire to constantly learn, improve and iterate, ability to turn business issues into the right research questions and connect those questions across surface areas
- Successful track record of building strong partnerships with product, research, engineering and design teams/leaders and demonstrated ability to influence decisions with insights and an informed point of view
- Skilled at pursuing and guiding the best research approach including qualitative and quantitative consumer insights programs that will create impactful insights that empower decision
- Knowledge and proficiency of the Twitter platform/experience and how it compares to competitors across the global social media landscape.
- 7+ years conducting research in a fast-paced product development environment
- 2+ years conducting user experience research in a fast-paced product development environment
- Proficiency with excel, powerpoint, keynote and G-suite
- BA/BS or Graduate degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field preferred
Here’s all the legal good stuff:
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.