As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Designer will join a small, dynamic team of experience and product experts with the purpose of helping to grow our digital partnerships and design the future of payments and commerce with the world’s most significant Tech and Fintech partners. In collaboration with our Digital Partnerships & Fintech team, this individual will be hands-on in delivering polished digital experience artifacts (such as user flows, UI, screen designs, videos, and strategy presentations) to further the success of Visa’s Global partnership opportunities.
The Staff Designer should be a scrappy, full-stack user interface, visual, and video designer with proven track record for designing highly polished, inspiring, and thoughtful digital experiences, product videos, and presentation decks. In order to be successful, it will be important that the candidate have a prior track record in a fast-paced, agency-like environment synthesizing feedback from multiple cross-functional collaborators into best-in-class design outcomes.
It will be essential that this individual hone a strong understanding of emerging digital payment trends and Visa’s own capabilities. Functional expertise with visual design, UI, and video is critical. A strong interest in user experience, prototyping, and style guides will also be key as this role will be responsible for contributing to an extensible asset framework that will ultimately power the work of our practice.
- Execute high-quality design deliverables (visual design, UI screens, videos, and presentations) in collaboration with fellow designers and the Digital Partnerships & Fintech team
- Ensure the highest standards of design process and delivery polish
- Contribute to the creation of extensible design assets that involve multiple mediums (e.g., digital, video, presentation) and channels (e.g., mobile, omni-channel, social, IoT)
- Use visual, video, and content story-telling to further the experience strategy and relationships with partners
- Develop fluency in the payment and commerce ecosystem as well as Visa capabilities in order to effectively communicate the strategy in your work
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure alignment and project success; independently and proactively manage engagements and initiatives in a white space environment; keep projects on track and on-time
- Strong individual contributor
4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MFA/MBA etc) or a PhD.
- 7-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of experience with an
- Advanced Degree (e.g. MFA, MBA) or 3 years with a PhD as part of an in-house, agency, or cross-functional design team
- Strong experience in user interface, visual, video, and content design
- Strong experience in product design and presentations that communicate the experience strategy
- Expert in digital design software including Adobe Creative Suite, AfterEffects, Premiere, Sketch, InVision, Keynote, Microsoft Office
- Ability to tackle a diverse set of design challenges and recognize patterns that contribute to repeatable assets
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Payment industry experience preferred
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Up to 20% travel required
Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours, and be available to take virtual meetings in multiple time-zones as reasonably required.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.