About the Job:
Illumina Experience Design (XD) is seeking a talented UX Visual Designer to join our growing team of user experience designers as we build best-in-class customer experiences across all Illumina software offerings. You will have the opportunity to blend business strategy and creative design to drive the future state of our product’s form and behavior in collaboration with the leadership team, design leads, and product teams. You will work alongside our brand team to translate the Illumina brand into the core product design experience enriching products through brand expression and a coherent experience across product touchpoints. You will own the creation of visually compelling UI screens, graphics, illustrations, design documentation and presentations to meet business needs and delight the audience.
All About You
- Design and generate compelling visual concepts for digital UI, labeling, video storytelling, motion design and brand expression.
- Design and style beautiful, useful, and usable icons.
- Design attractive functional presentations, assets and slides that can wow the audience.
- Collaborate closely with product designers, human factors specialists, user researchers, interaction designers, engineers, product managers and brand specialists to create compelling solutions that respond to unmet user needs.
- Develop and organize detailed visual designs, written visual specifications with skill and efficacy for design project needs.
- Communicate design ideas through strong ideation, sketching and illustrations skills.
- Create beautiful visuals and design briefs to convey design solutions to leadership and product teams.
- Bring a creative eye and craftsmanship in brand and communications design to the product teams.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements, documentation and presentations.
- Demonstrate and promote the importance of good design and brand values.
- Successfully advocate for appropriate design solutions across disciplines and stakeholders.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
- Master of Arts in Multimedia, Experiential Graphic Design, Fine Arts or equivalent degree or professional experience.
- 7+ years of recent and relevant UX Visual Design experience.
- Experience working at a design consultancy or agency is preferred
- Demonstrated experience working across a variety of digital mediums from creating compelling UI screens for desktop, web, and mobile, to creating animations, videos, and presentations that bring innovative concepts to life.
- Solid experience in video storytelling, icon and labeling design.
- Proven experience and understanding of the value of color, typography, iconography and motion as it applies to digital product design.
- Solid understanding of how to establish scale and contrast, balance and visual hierarchy across a design.
- Experience designing for accessibility and familiarity with Section 508 and WCAG standards.
- Advanced ideation skills, design thinking and a solution-based user experience perspective.
- Fluency in an array of design and animation tools such as Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Fluency in the human-centered design process from qualitative research and synthesis to ideation, prototyping, and implementation.
- Design research experience and interaction design capabilities are a plus.
- Knowledge of the product development process and ability to communicate well with engineering teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present to the executive leadership team.
- Background working for Medical devices, Life Science, or Healthcare Industries is a plus.
- Must have a diverse portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process covering a range of mediums, UI design, icons and illustrations, labeling, video and motion design.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information.
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you require accommodation to complete the application or interview process, please contact [email protected] To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.