SHIFT: Day Job
- Provide leadership to cross-organizational projects, with varying degrees of depth ensuring continuous enterprise collaboration
- Assist senior executive leadership in assessing current environment, external factors, competitive landscape, and facilitate development of key enterprise strategies
- Support business unit leads in developing specific business plans and strategies. Partner to identify innovative growth and efficiency opportunities to achieve performance targets
- Assess strategic options in context of overall corporate direction, financial targets, and market needs.
- Coordinate activities cross-organization to ensure alignment of business unit and corporate strategy
- Support the preparation and facilitation of planning sessions with corporate leadership
- Lead cross-functional efforts across the enterprise in an internal consulting capacity
- Employment of analytics and experimentation techniques to support new idea pilots and business development opportunities
- Exploring and managing external partners, working across the businesses/functions to ensure desired objectives achieved
- Drive innovation
- Create and align solutions intended to help Anthem members experience real value and better health
- Develop strong cross-functional relationships and a collaborative approach to the way the business makes use of its talent, market, and resources.
- Redefine the way Anthem systematically approaches its members, providers and market to continually make it a chosen partner of each.
- 10+ years of progressive experience with significant large-scale project management, strategic planning and/or consulting in the health care industry; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- Demonstrated analytical skills, sense of curiosity, and effective problem solving
- Ability to work through ambiguity, putting structure and “glide path” to broad enterprise initiatives
- Proficiency evaluating market trends and building actionable strategy
- Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication, persuasion and negotiation skills required. Must be able to work across all levels of the company spanning from Board/CEO/Senior team leadership to front line-level audiences
- Proven ability to set and execute a strategic vision
- Excellent track record of successful leadership and demonstrated accomplishments, including leading significant change
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, build consensus, and drive change is required
- Previous experience developing external partnerships and/or merger and acquisitions is desired.
- Uses structured, systematic, and transparent approaches to assessing and developing individuals and how they fit together in the team.
- Systematically develops whole team; develops individuals in order to build calculated team-wide bench strength and balanced capability.
- Identifies successors to key roles in organization based on a rigorous understanding of capabilities, experience, motivation and career development needs.
- Creates uniquely tailored career development plans for employees.
- Facilitates discussions to enable people to collaborate with each other independently; promotes collaboration across multiple parties.
- Identifies and meets with key players and stakeholders to help them shape a position and engages in a dialogue to reach a final conclusion together, compromising as necessary for results.
- Develops explicit understanding of which relationships are most important to the organization and its stakeholders, builds a network prioritizing these relationships.
- Highly credible leader who, by reputation, will gain the trust and confidence of the business leaders.
- Sets compelling goals and shows tenacity, resilience, and bias for action and execution skills in driving towards these goals.
- Action oriented, hands-on and with demonstrated experience in an innovative, fast-paced, performance-oriented environment.
- Is highly articulate and when s/he communicates and engenders credibility with everyone s/he interacts with, but, in particular, with executives and associates. Must be able to influence across all levels of the organization, from staff to the executive level.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.