- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in construction project/program management
- Program or portfolio Stage Gate and business process development and implementation experience
- Experience in a data center or mission critical facility with standard design and construction practices
- Advanced degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Construction Management or related technical field
- Experience working with on-site construction management teams
- Experience working with data center equipment/environments (e.g., switchgear, generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, controls, security monitoring systems, fire safety systems)
- Knowledge of large scale facility electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of startup/commissioning processes and standard practices in the design and construction industry
- Excellent requirement gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling, and goal attainment skills
About the job
As a Stage Gates and Initiatives Program Manager, you will have two main focus areas. First, you will manage a global data center stage gate readiness program, collaborating closely with delivery and cross functional teams on program definition and implementation. These teams will establish and maintain effective communication and reporting on stage gate program health and communicate with internal business partners on areas of execution risk and mitigations using forward looking and actionable metrics. Second, through collaboration with partner teams, you will lead and support organizational and cross functional initiatives and strategies for faster and more cost effective business results.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage a global data center stage gate readiness program, collaborating closely with delivery and cross-functional teams on program definition and implementation.
- Establish and maintain effective communication and reporting on stage gate program health.
- Communicate with internal business partners on areas of execution risk and mitigations using forward looking and actionable metrics.
- Develop and implement ‘out of the box’ delivery model strategies, through collaboration with partner teams, for faster and more cost effective business results.
- Demonstrate excellent performance in resolving highly critical issues within matrix organization while maintaining adherence to business objective and quality standards.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.