ALL ABOUT TARGET
As part of our collaborative and guest-obsessed team, you help us create an experience that makes guests say “I love Target!” You’re working alongside a dedicated team that brings their passion and pride to all that they do. You make shopping at Target inviting, frictionless and rewarding – leaving guests excited to come back.
ALL ABOUT STORE LEADERSHIP
You run a profitable growth business that has one purpose: to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. You lead a sales force of experts, advocates and consultants that discover guests’ needs and offer solutions to earn their loyalty. You lead teams that are passionate about making sure guests get what they came for (plus a little more) every time they shop at your store. You develop leaders who care about their team members, and team members who care about their guests and each other. At Target we believe in our leaders having meaningful experiences that help them build and develop skills for a career.
The role of a Store Director can provide you with the:
- Knowledge of guest service fundamentals and experience building and managing a guest first culture across the store
- Skills in retail business financials (e.g. payroll, profit and loss) and driving sales growth
- Experience creating store specific strategies and managing your team to deliver results
- Knowledge of retail business fundamentals for total store: sales trends, inventory management, guest shopping patterns & satisfaction, pricing and promotions strategies, and specialty businesses
- Skills in setting and planning total store quarterly business priorities and managing a team to deliver on sales goals
- Make business decisions by assessing market competition, understanding guest insights and feedback
- Experience managing a large team of hourly team members and leaders as well as leaders of leaders
- Skills in recruiting, selecting, talent management and talent planning across all departments of the store
As a Store Director, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Own your store’s overall business to drive efficiency and grow sales
- Leverage your reports (financial, operational, team and guest) to understand the business and make decisions.
- Understand sales trends and lead your team to drive sales growth in core businesses (Style, Beauty, Electronics, Food & Beverage) by leaning into key seasons, events and weekends.
- Know and assess the competition; leverage guest insights and feedback to drive the business and be the destination of choice for our guests.
- Lead an efficient operation to fund the sales culture.
- As a key carrier, follow all safe and secure training and processes.
- Address store needs (emergency, regulatory visits, etc.).
- Always demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance. Lead and hold the team accountable to work in the same way. Cultivate a guest-centric and engaged team
- Develop a team and culture that is committed to guest loyalty and shares services and rewards like REDcard, Drive-up, Order Pick-Up, Shipt and Wallet to improve convenience and frequency.
- Lead a confident and knowledgeable sales force that delivers a differentiated experience for our guests, prioritizes the guest over task and delivers a welcoming, inspiring, rewarding and easy guest experience.
- Recruit, hire and retain a passionate team for area specific knowledge and expertise.
- Invest in training to enhance skills and capabilities
- Evaluate and manage individual impact through a total store contribution.
- Create sustainable talent strategies to fuel continued team growth.
- Own and implement exempt and hourly schedules that align to guest and business needs (including weekends, mornings, evenings, overnight, and appropriate seasonal adjustments).
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to take care of our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Leading teams who are stocking, setting and selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Store Director.
But there are a few skills you should have from the get go:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Manage conflict and lead and hold others accountable
- Relate well with and interact with all levels of the organization
- Welcoming and helpful attitude
- Manage workload and prioritize tasks independently
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Access all areas of the building to respond to guest or team member issues
- Interpret instructions, reports and information
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Distribution Center or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.
New or Coming Soon Useful Entrepreneurship Books
An Entrepreneur’s Guide To The Sales & Marketing Universe: A Step-By-Step Guide To Organic Marketing
Secret strategies revealed on how to generate high quality leads efficiently and effectively.
But leads, no matter how good, are pretty much useless without the skills necessary to convert them into paying customers. What is the repeatable and scientific approach to take in sales to make sure you are maximizing your chances at landing closed deals?
Breaking Through The Wall: A Financial Advisor’s Guide to Grow, Scale, and Monetize Your Business for Millions
Many financial advisors out there are facing a wall. They’re generating $1-3 million in revenue; they’re managing all the households they can; they have little time to spend with their own families. They feel like they’re playing chief marketing officer, chief investment officer, CEO, CFO, chief compliance officer, and the chief technology officer all at once. There just aren’t enough hours in the day.
Entrepreneurial Marketing and International New Ventures: Antecedents, Elements and Outcomes (Routledge Studies in Entrepreneurship)
The book investigates the entrepreneurial marketing (EM) concept within the broader discipline of international entrepreneurship. The analysis of this concept, and designing a model of EM antecedents, elements, and outcomes that was tested on the basis of empirical studies covering companies from three European countries, explores and develops the field of international marketing and entrepreneurship.
From the cofounder of Square, an inspiring and entertaining account of what it means to be a true entrepreneur and what it takes to build a resilient, world-changing company.
If today’s brands want to succeed, they have to be in the conversation, and influencers make that happen. The Age of Influence is an essential guide for marketing professionals and business owners who want to create and implement a highly effective and sustainable influencer marketing plan.
We are in the midst of an unprecedented digital transformation and tapping into this change is vital to any brand in today’s climate. Social media has democratized authority and influence, and information is created and consumed in ways that are constantly evolving.
12 Months to $1 Million: How to Pick a Winning Product, Build a Real Business, and Become a Seven-Figure Entrepreneur
Your road map to a seven-figure business . . . in one year or less
By cutting out the noise and providing a clear and proven plan, this roadmap helps even brand-new entrepreneurs make decisions quickly, get their product up for sale, and launch it to a crowd that is ready and waiting to buy.
This is a book to help you acquire the mind-set to riches.
It’s about creating a way of living where you aren’t controlled by fear, inertia, or poverty. You, instead, are motivated by creative, positive action, and an open mind that is ready to receive prosperity in every area of your life. Here are the time-tested principles used by the self-made millionaires and billionaires to create lives beyond their wildest imaginations. Here are the time-tested principles that will help you tap into your inner reserves and knowledge you never knew you had. These writings—compact, powerful, practical—are ready to help you find solutions, discover new ideas, and make fresh starts on your road to riches!
This book is a compilation of successful habits that the author has learned in his career. I would even saythat this book is a manual of lessons for entry-level, junior manager, and even executives. It offers tips from the expert on medical device sales, as well as fundamental knowledge for any employee. As you read through the sincere yet passionate advice from the author on work strategy to a personal relationship, you will start to gain an overview of the the direction of your path. The vital key to success includes extreme self-discipline and a genuine passion for work.
Mentor-Made Millionaire is an insightful, thought-provoking dissection of what it takes to be a success in today’s money-centric society. It is designed to appeal to individuals on the path to success, managers, and business owners.
These days, we see the well-worn phrase ‘self-made millionaire’ practically everywhere. While Dr. Chad Shannon does not set out in Mentor-Made Millionaire to diminish the hard work put in by those remarkable individuals who achieve this accolade, his aim is to make the reader realize that not one of them could possibly have accomplished that aspirational status all by themselves.
Startups constantly face the challenge of how to make an impact given their initial small size and limited resources. Nine out of ten startups fail and more than fifty percent do not reach past the five-year mark. The few that do manage to survive can quickly find themselves swamped in the oversaturated market, unable to make any decent progress. So how can they establish themselves among their immediate competitors, let alone defeat larger, more established companies? Is the story of David and Goliath still relevant in the modern business world?
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 (Routledge Studies in Innovation, Organizations and Technology)
This book provides valuable insights into the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) through a comprehensive examination of Vision 2030, an ambitious economic plan by the KSA to reinvent and diversify its economy from a heavy dependence on hydrocarbon to knowledge-based resources.
Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Saudi Arabia: Vision 2030 discusses how this initiative will assist the government in achieving its envisioned goals by creating a culture of research, innovation and entrepreneurship. It studies the current state of the field as well as new policies and reforms in Saudi Arabia which encompass education systems, ICT infrastructure and a vibrant innovation landscape that includes academia, the public and private sectors and civil society.