Performs sampling and field analysis of storm water outfalls at creeks and open water bodies. Assists with construction erosion control inspections and illicit discharge monitoring.
120-Day assignment working up to 40 hours weekly depending on available work. Typical employment duration is 4 consecutive months.
Completion of one (1) year in an accredited Engineering or Environmental Science program with course work in Chemistry, Hydraulics, Biology, and Environmental Engineering;
- Possession of a valid Iowa driver’s license;
- Candidates must pass a post-employment offer physical examination and drug screen.
- Performs storm water sampling and field analysis of storm water outfalls at creeks, and open water bodies;
- Gathers physical data of various sources for analysis;
- Prepares reports and maintain accurate sampling and analysis records;
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate persons to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities;
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the classification.