- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), consulting, or a related function.
- Experience using SQL or another scripting language (R, Python).
- Comfort partnering with presenting to the executive level and the ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to self-start and work with limited guidance. Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and proven ability to adapt and excel in a constantly evolving environment.
- Outstanding intellectual curiosity and work ethic. Ability to formulate business strategies grounded in data.
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating and using SQL queries.
- Extensive knowledge of Google’s Ads and MarTech Business.
About the job
Financial Analysts ensure that Google makes sound financial decisions. As a Financial Analyst, your work, whether it’s modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, is used by our leaders to make strategic company decisions. While working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to solve big picture challenges.
Google’s Ads Finance team balances the roles of trusted advisor and guardian to reveal opportunity, manage risk, and optimize investment across industries and products.
We are strategic partners to business leaders across Sales, Product, and Engineering and drive impact through a grounding in hard data, an independent point of view, a bias to action, a collaborative approach, and a focus on the development of our people. Acting as mini-CFO’s and financial consultants, the Ads Finance Team are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big-picture challenges.
The Ads Measurement, Platforms and Display Finance team partners with Ads Leadership across Product, Engineering, and Sales (Global Business Organization) to drive decisions across the Apps, Video and Display Profit and Loss. As a key member of this team, you’ll focus on partnering with teams who design, create and promote Google Display Ads (GDA) both on the Network and Google Owned and Operated Properties.
As the GDA Strategic Financial Analyst, you will work with the Product Management, Engineering, and Commercialization teams in shaping the product strategy and influence business decisions to drive the most value for Google and partners.
The name Google came from “googol,” a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financial processes, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Drive insights and analysis which support the Display Ads businesses and shape product and sales strategy, in partnership with Sales, Product and Engineering leadership.
- Build complex financial models and craft a story to influence senior stakeholders decisions.
- Leverage script language proficiency to conduct complex analytical projects.
- Manage senior stakeholders on a day-to-day basis, performing reactive and proactive analysis to provide clarity and influence the direction of the business.
- Partner closely with the Business Intelligence and Go-To-Market teams to maintain and improve existing reporting infrastructure.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.