- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of work experience in business development, investment banking, management consulting or similar environment.
- Experience in smart home hardware or services.
- Experience supporting partnerships in telecom, media or security industries.
- Experience and comfort with escalating and presenting key agreements to senior executives.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to articulate technical, financial and business points.
- Self-motivated, results driven and comfortable operating in a rapidly changing industry.
About the job
As a Strategic Partner Development Manager, you’ll open doors with potential partners, lead exploratory discussions and evaluate/develop business opportunities. You will lead cross-functional teams, provide thought leadership and serve as a mentor to managers and associates. You are comfortable escalating and presenting business development strategies and key issues to senior management. You’ll work closely with Google Product, Engineering, Legal and Sales teams on new product initiatives and key strategic relationships that support our online advertising business.
As part of the Global Product Partnerships team in the Devices and Services (D&S) division, you’ll be focusing on developing strategic partnerships for the Home and Nest portfolio of products and services. As such, you will be working closely with product counterparts to provide input on product strategy, and product requirements that can unleash strategic partnerships.
You will be identifying, evaluating and negotiating strategic partnerships that will deliver new experiences and value to our end-users, and help drive adoption and usage of Google Home and Nest products. You should have a knack for structuring partnerships with clear value creation for Google and partners, be analytically effective and know how to get things done in a cross-functional and dynamic organization.
You will be a true thought leader who can identify, understand and share industry trends with key influencers. You will open doors with potential partners, connect with them about their businesses and present partnership opportunities to their senior leaders.
The Hardware Partnerships team was formed with the purpose of bringing the best of Google’s software and hardware to our users by bringing to market and distributing a Google-branded hardware portfolio. The team is responsible for managing all partnerships with carriers, retailers and resellers worldwide. This includes the partnerships for products such as Pixel, Daydream View, Google Wifi, Google Nest Thermostat, Chromecast Ultra and Google Home.
- Identify and lead exploratory discussions with potential partners across industries.
- Evaluate and quantify opportunities and present recommendations to internal leaders.
- Structure partnership agreements with incentives and balanced terms.
- Communicate and collaborate with a broad range of constituents (e.g., internally with product, engineering, marketing, sales, legal, finance, and externally with partner executives).
- Articulate business and product requirement in collaboration with technical stakeholders, taking into consideration Google’s strategy and objectives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.