Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
The Supply Chain and Strategic Sourcing Group at Facebook is seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager, MBA Intern to contribute to the Display components team to drive impact and deliver results in the highly innovative Facebook Devices group. Our Display team is responsible for Display component technology throughout the lifecycle, from early technology development to Mass production and End of Life. The products we collaborate to deliver are key pieces of immersiveness Virtual Reality product experience. The team continuously works to develop new technologies and secure key partnerships to scale while achieving best in class component pricing and supply availability. There is strong collaboration within the team and outside the team for data driven problem solving that enables high quality display product strategy for next generation virtual reality products. There is significant learning and development opportunities within the team involving supply chain, cost management, production planning, Investment strategy, ROI analysis, contract negotiations and process automation.
- Understand existing supply chain processes working with key stakeholders
- Identify areas of Opportunities for improved efficiency in workflows
- Identify ways in-house software tools that can be built and deployed to improve efficiency
- Develop dashboards for key display sourcing metrics using existing / available tools
- Manage projects to deliver tangible and measurable results
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining an MBA
- 1+ years of experience in supplier evaluation/selection, should cost models, contract negotiation and supply base management
- 1+ years of experience communicating with and influencing all levels of management
- Familiarity with Hardware Product Development Process (PDP)
- Proficiency in Power BI, Tableau, or related data visualization tools
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]