Johnson Matthey (‘JM’) is a global leader in science that enables a cleaner and healthier world. With over 200 years of sustained commitment to innovation and technological breakthroughs, we improve the function, performance and safety of our customers’ products. Our science has a global impact in areas such as low emission transport, pharmaceuticals, chemical processing and making the most efficient use of the planet’s natural resources. Today more than 14,000 Johnson Matthey professionals collaborate with our network of customers and partners to make a real difference to the world around us.
Strategic sourcing Manager with responsibility for leading & managing direct material sourcing and supply risk management to support New Product Introduction (NPI), or Product Change Management project portfolio, to support flawless and timely implementation according to the project plan and customer expectations.
Act as the lead for sourcing activities of Direct/Indirect/Capex in the U.S. region supporting health sector plants. Direct a team of 2 buyers and 2 PTP administrators to identify, develop, approve, and manage suppliers / partners including the PTP process.
Leads the development and deployment of effective ways of working with a cross functional team and supports growth of team capability to support NPI and Change Management projects.
Enables the Supply Chain Director to effectively partner with the HEALTH SECTOR executive committee and Group functions in Procurement related NPI and Product Change activities that impact the HEALTH SECTOR P&L.
Ensures HEALTH SECTOR NPI and Product Change activities are in accordance with Sector Procurement Excellence strategy, goals and Group Procurement Policy/Standards. Enables Global Supply Chain Director to effectively deliver Procurement Excellence strategy and goals at Health Sector level.
- Lead effective business partnership for HEALTH SECTOR relative to role in line with business requirements of NPI and product changes and manufacturing plants, optimising security of supply, commercial agility, drives responsibly sourced sustainable value, which contributes to business profitability and cash flow short/medium and longer term.
- Direct a spends of up to $25M in direct and indirect materials and up to $25M in Capex in accordance with Procurement operating model.
- Leads the development and deployment of effective way of working and supports growth of team capability for both Procurement NPI and Change Management projects.
- Support development and implementation of group led categories/subcategories of strategic projects at sector plants.
- Manage the complex direct raw material project portfolio through to/in S&OP.
- Develop and ensure execution of sourcing activities per project timelines based on internal customer technical requirement and key milestones.
- Aligned to Group-led category strategies, support cross functional teams on the material selection with a standard Procurement approach (quality, total cost, delivery time, innovation, avoid single sourcing, promote standardisation); analysing the challenges and the needs on NPI project(s) or change management project(s).
- Support competitive material costing and participate in cost estimations.
- Implement cost reduction objectives and procurement quality related to action plan(s)/productivity project(s).
- Providing timely escalation to JM senior management and relevant internal customers on project time and supplier quality issues. Acting as first escalation level for supplier crisis management related to assigned projects.
- Supporting the Supplier Sustainability Development Programme to ensure supplier complies with the sustainability and ethical corporate requirements and assist in managing supply chain risk.
- Secure senior stakeholder commitment, drive and deliver NPI and cost/risk/innovation/value-based Product Change projects for the HEALTH SECTOR and related Plants, developing excellent collaboration with Group Procurement.
- Contributes to establishing policies, procedures and controls to ensure effective Procurement NPI and Product Change project execution with related parties.
- Leads business improvement initiatives across programmes of work to ensure that the strategic goals of the business and Procurement are met.
- Manages the performance and output of the team to drive change and develop, implement, optimise and/or continuously improve work processes, techniques and systems and deliver supply side saving projects in accordance with HEALTH SECTOR targets.
- Manages team to ensure full compliance with applicable JM/HEALTH SECTOR legislative, regulatory, audit, EHS and Group Procurement ethical standards, policies, procedures and processes. Including Supplier Due Diligence and Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Supports, coaches and involves team members in implementing EHS improvements and driving attainment of sustainability/responsible sourcing goals.
- Takes ownership of specific tasks/projects as directed by Supply Chain Director and Group Chief Procurement Officer.
- Act in accordance with JM values and bring to life the One Procurement Community (OPC) to enable JM’s Procurement Excellence strategy.
- Lead in accordance with the Group Procurement Operating Model, Group Policies and Standards by establishing aligned Health policies, procedures and controls to ensure effective procurement activities and vendor execution.
- Provide information and impact assessments to Group Procurement to set Group-led procurement strategies and plans and excellently execute them for the Plant.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Master Degree in procurement or supply chain or equivalent
- 8 -10 years Supply Chain Management experience with 5-7 years in leadership
- Excellent knowledge and experience managing product projects across a region or multiple geographies in chemical industry.
- Ability to operate effectively in different cultures and across geographies, including managing stakeholders and colleagues remotely (across distance and time zones).
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to champion the vision of the Procurement organisation.
- Ability to facilitate multiple activities at any one time, prioritise workload and effectively communicate current positions.
- Good professional command of English language.
- For materials, Value Analysis and Value Engineering to identify and drive benefit opportunities.
- Ability to drive NPI opportunities to execution across HEALTH SECTOR for categories.
- Consistent performance and delivers outstanding results. Can make things happen. Proactive.
- Structured yet flexible. Comfortable with/able to thrive in conditions of change and complexity.
- Proven and strong project and change management capabilities.
- Experience leading, motivating and developing people through difficult period/large change.
- Ability to drive behavioural change.
- Strong analytical and qualitative skills.
- Proven ability to inspire, energise and lead a team
- CPM/Equivalent/Similar qualified or prepared to work towards qualification