CAREERS THAT CHANGES LIVES
Bring your sales talents to an industry leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions – we’re a market leader and growing every day. You can be proud to sell medical technologies that are rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation. Our expanding portfolio delivers measurable clinical and economic value – and opens doors. You will be empowered to shape your own career. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Together, we can transform healthcare. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life:
Responsible for the selling and integration of Medtronic Spine technologies into spine surgery. In addition, responsible for driving deep account penetration and new user adoption of Medtronic spine procedures at key strategic and growth opportunity accounts. Through job related synergies in technical expertise and end user training, this individual will drive the adoption of Medtronic Spine technologies at growth opportunity accounts through their clinical and sales aptitude. This individual will also represent the company in accordance with its policies, maintaining an awareness of market and competitive conditions for strategic planning while reporting directly to the Spinal Strategic Sales Manager for their respective geography.
- Drive the day to day activities of Strategic Sales and GOAL Initiatives:
- Clearly defined objectives and required activities
- Sales and performance accountability for the account focused activities and strategies
- Strong collaboration with the Spinal Sales region, districts, territories and specialty teams
- High School Diploma or GED AND a minimum of 7 years of sales experience with 5 of those 7 years in medical sales; or
- High School Diploma or GED AND 5 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of prior clinical or medical sales experience; or
- Associate’s Degree AND a minimum of 5 years of sales experience with 3 of those 5 years in medical sales; or
- Associate’s Degree AND a minimum of 3 years of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of prior clinical or medical sales experience; or
- Bachelor’s Degree AND a minimum of 3 years of sales experience, with 1 of those 3 years in medical sales; or
- Bachelor’s Degree AND a minimum of 1 year of Medtronic RTG (Pain, Brain or Spine) Clinical Specialist or Sales Rep I experience plus 2 years of prior clinical or medical sales experience.
Nice to Have:
- Spine surgical related sales experience preferred.
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job involve normal vision.
Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy. In addition, your driving record will be reviewed and will be considered as part of your application.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We can accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.