- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience with business analysis and business insights
- 3 years of experience in consulting
- 2 years of experience in agency management and/or stakeholder management
- MBA or graduate degree in management, technical or engineering field
- Demonstrated experience in developing and executing strategies to deliver business results
- Ability to pay attention to detail and effectively manage multiple projects under tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate and work with people from a broad range of backgrounds and experience
- Excellent business judgment, leadership skills and the ability to communicate with/influence senior executives and sales/enablement teams
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
About the job
The Business Strategy & Operations organization provides business critical insights using analytics, ensures cross functional alignment of goals and execution, and helps teams drive strategic partnerships and new initiatives forward. We stay focused on aligning the highest-level company priorities with effective day-to-day operations, and help evolve early stage ideas into future-growth initiatives.
The Mastery Team develops and delivers product and skills training to Google sales and services teams, as well as external client and agency partners. Our team is made up of passionate learning professionals, sales and marketing leaders, and former consultants and analysts who launch and iterate learning programs while balancing key pillars of knowledge, skill and disciplined practice to help our audiences thrive in a world of increasing complexity.
The Strategy and Operations team is responsible for supporting the growth and transformation of the Mastery organization through analysis, insights, strategy and execution. As a Strategy and Operations Lead, you will help drive the organization forward through key strategic initiatives and stay focused on aligning company priorities with day to day operations. You will be a critical thought leader and catalyst for activation and change management, collaborating with leadership across the organization to streamline internal processes, ensure cross-functional alignment of goals and execution, and ultimately improve operating rigor across the Mastery team.
The Go-to-Market Operations (GtM) team ensures Google’s complex and ever-evolving Ads business runs smoothly. We are instrumental in setting go-to-market strategy, and ensuring flawless execution and operations against the strategy. We have teams embedded in each of the major Ads business areas as well as global teams that work across the business areas. Team members are analytical and strategic, with a pragmatic sense of how to get things done.
- Define, prioritize, structure and execute strategic and operational initiatives which includes developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing data, leading analyses and developing and implementing recommendations.
- Drive operating rigor for the organization, including optimizing resource allocation, measuring/reporting progress against key objectives and managing business updates/quarterly reviews.
- Deliver on complex initiatives that are foundational elements to the team, achieving its learning and business objectives (e.g., end-to-end process standardization and optimization, measurement strategy, talent strategy, etc.).
- Analyze business processes to identify potential issues and uncover/prioritize levers for improvement. Influence senior stakeholders to implement suggested improvements.
- Structure and package your work into compelling presentations and communications that influence various audiences, including senior executives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.