- Bachelor’s degree in Business, a quantitative field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, corporate strategy or equivalent project management experience at a technology/media company.
- MBA or graduate degree in a management, technical, or engineering field.
- 6 years of work experience in a project management role at a management consulting firm or investment bank, or equivalent experience in a corporate role focused on strategic advisory.
- Experience partnering with data science teams developing predictive models and managing large data sets.
- Experience with high-growth technology clients.
- Track record of successfully managing strategic and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Impeccable business judgment, along with an inclination to formulate hypotheses, design tests, and use problem-solving techniques to evaluate solutions.
About the job
Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Google Customer Solutions (GCS) Revenue Programs team is responsible for driving global insights and recommendations that unlock business growth for Google’s advertising business. The team leads the design, planning, and implementation of global business growth programs with cross-functional collaboration among sales leadership, marketing, product and engineering.
As a Program Manager (PM) in our Mid Market Sales (MMS) team, your job is to take MMS growth impact to the next level. You will combine a structured thinking anchored in data, Exec-level communication and influencing, and cross-functional project implementation and change management at scale. You will have exposure and visibility to executives as you present your proposals, demonstrate, and excite our leadership with their impact.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Customer Solutions (GCS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the “human face” of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. In collaboration, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Manage rigorous data-backed and structured problem solving, translating data into actionable insights that move the needle.
- Communicate findings to leadership and the broader organization by that convincing, exciting and calling for action.
- Engage with and influence senior leadership with the right balance of debate and sponsorship.
- Influence with cross-functional teams to push projects forward end-to-end, driving recommendations through to implementation and landing the change at scale.
- Play a key role in building a collaborative, high-performing and fun team while role-modeling a growth mindset and inclusive values to all our partner teams.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.