Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities – we’re just getting started.
At Facebook, we’re building devices and experiences that make people feel closer together, which we call Augmented Reality/Virtual Reality (Facebook Reality Labs). The Facebook Reality Labs organization includes Oculus and Portal products and other hardware, AR and VR software and content, and research and development labs.
The Facebook Reality Labs Product Operations team is looking for a Strategy and Operations Manager to support planning and operations.
The candidate will be an experienced generalist and marketer, data-driven, and a self-starter. This individual thrives in and enjoys a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, start-up environment, loves problem solving and working on high profile projects.
- Build the strategic planning and operations processes to support the Product Operations organization.
- Manage day-to-day operational needs of the Facebook Reality Labs Product Operations organization, which includes interfacing with finance regarding budgeting and forecasting, working with marketers regarding campaign flight calendar, partnering with the Product Operations leaders on annual plans and H-plans, and other duties as assigned.
- Lead planning including goals and prioritization for the groups, learnings to date, best practices across the organization, headcount planning and budget allocation etc.
- Lead projects with Product Operations leaders to optimize our org structure and overall organization health (e.g., role clarity between groups and interaction models between groups). Additionally, this person will own projects that help scale the organization and drive programs to foster better team culture.
- Project manage Facebook Reality Labs Product Operations processes include internal communications (Q&A, All-Hands, posts or email update etc.), business updates (Business reviews, bi-annual management team updates etc.) and resource allocations. Own the integrated Product Operations calendar to dive budget and resource allocations.
- Own and operate the rhythm of Facebook Reality Labs Product Operations and executive meetings including but not limited to: agenda, follow-up actions, notes, etc.
- Support initiatives to improve reporting, data transparency, and data accuracy across multiple cross-functional stakeholders-Sales, Product Operations, Finance, Sourcing, Recruiting, Legal and Product.
- Focus on process and continuous improvement of core projects through automation and process enhancement.
- Drive operational excellence in the Product Operations organization through identification and execution of opportunity areas that create efficiency, remove obstacles, or create improved processes and approaches to the business.
- Gather and inventory internal and external best practices to inform decision-making.
- Foster relationships & work with cross-functional partners to understand their needs and ideas on how to better collaborate with Strategy & Operations.
- Own or support ad-hoc strategic Product Operations projects, requests and/or analysis, as needed (e. g. helping the team map out an improved process for Product Operations involvement to ensure we ship products efficiently).
- Influence management experience, experience in working cross-functionally across disciplines and levels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent Product Operations experience
- 5+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy supporting Product Operations functions in internet and/or consumer technology vertical
- Management consulting experience and experience working in a Product Operations organization for a consumer brand
- Experience in translating problems into solutions
- Project management experience
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected]