The Surface Product Marketing Manager helps develop and lead our strategy to beat billed revenue and unit targets and deliver profitably through marketing activities, through-partner / direct sales programs and incentives.
The Surface mission is to give people the best experience with Microsoft devices to transform industries and the way people get work done. We do this in a way that builds millions of fans, helps businesses be more effective, establishes meaningful new categories that transform productivity whist also increasing market share, revenue and gross margin for Microsoft.
We are challengers in a tough but extremely exciting business. Our team embraces a startup mentality. We make each other better by 1) being wildly enthusiastic and positive in the face of adversity, 2) having a work ethic where we will do whatever it takes to do a job well and help our teammates, and 3) being relentless about learning and expanding our skills in areas that scare us the most. We are looking for people that share our values and will help make us better.
Core Surface Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develop and drive a Surface Connected GTM strategy that enables organizations to work / learn remotely whilst increasing productivity.
- Support partners & build capabilities to sustain the channel over the long-term.
- Grow our customer base by solution selling and marketing with M365 in the 5 focus industries.
- Optimize the portfolio to meet customer needs in the new post-COVID-19 environment
- Enable our future growth by maturing our business operations thru Operational Excellence
- Lead the subsidiary efforts to launch new services Devices and Accessories. Ensure local PR, marketing and sales efforts including Early Adopter Program are aligned and ready at announce.
- Develop strong partnerships with cross-BG teams, Surface Specialists and AE’s, PDM’s, etc.
- Collaborate with the CCSM Surface Consumer team to ensure that plans and offer strategy are aligned.
- Deliver forecasting accuracy for Commercial IPQ, increasing Surface portfolio sales and premium mix vs. budget.
- Manage End-of-Life transitions during product launch periods.
- Showcase Surface value through marquis brand and customer stories and local commercial digital marketing to increase KPIs across the funnel.
- Drive local marketing efforts including PR, digital, events, customer campaigns to increase committed pipeline coverage and through partner sales.
- Deliver great Surface experiences through device demo, trial, and loaner engagements and presence in local industry/trade events.
- Awareness. Grow the of awareness, perception and consideration (launch +90 days) in local market.
- Customer Stories and Case Studies. Develop number of customer stories and case studies showcasing the best of the Surface portfolio
- Billed Revenue. Increase commercial billed revenue and % attach to Microsoft 365 deals
- Drive a high Surface premium mix.
- Competitive KPIs
- 3-5 years related experience
- Partner and customer focused
- Understand product advocacy and evangelism
- Core marketing experience (positioning and messaging)
- Being a conduit between technology and the business with the voice of customer in mind
- Role model for Microsoft values
- Excellent communicator
- Strong ability to influence for impact
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S./B.A.) required, relevant fields of study include Marketing, Business, Computer Science
- MBA Preferred