Multiple summer internship opportunities
- Supportive and fast-paced environment
- Government agency with a proud history and an exciting future
We are calling out to all tertiary students who have completed their second year of study who would like to gain experience within one of New Zealand’s largest government agencies.
The Department of Internal Affairs (DIA) is all about serving and connecting people, communities and government to build a prosperous and respected nation – helping to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders. We are recognized leaders in public services and are known for being innovative, trusted and progressive.
We serve a diverse and exciting community and we take pride in the work we do to deliver our services in ways that reflect this diversity. We are interested in working with interns from all walks of life, academic disciplines, ethnic backgrounds, locations and life experiences. We want you to share your unique perspectives and bring your whole self to work.
We have a number of exciting roles available for interns based in Wellington over the summer break.
The internships are in our National Library, Archives New Zealand, Charities Services, Technology Services and Solutions, Human Resources, Communications, Policy, Inquires, Regulatory Services and Office of Ethnic Communities business groups.
To be considered, you will:
- Be working towards a tertiary qualification and have completed your second year of study
- Be a self-starter
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to start the internship in November 2020.
- Be willing to learn and get involved
This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable work experience and obtain exposure to the workings of New Zealand’s public sector.
A competitive salary will be offered, and you will be getting involved with ‘real work’ that can relate to your area of study.
You will need to apply for the specific role you wish to be considered for and that is relevant to your area of study. Please include your cover letter and CV on your application.
Department of Internal Affairs will only accept one internship application per candidate.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we’re a great place to work, click here.
We work to make New Zealand better for New Zealanders through our four outcome areas:
- People can easily access the services and information they need
- Iwi, hapū and communities across New Zealand are safe, resilient and thriving
- People’s sense of belonging and collective memory builds an inclusive New Zealand
- New Zealand is a well-functioning democracy across central and local government
Applications close: 5pm, Monday 28 September 2020
For more information please contact: [email protected]