When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have a real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Pharmaceutical Services Group – Oral Solid Dosage
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Operations Supervisor supervise employees (e.g, manufacturing, , granulation, blending, and compression/encapsulation staff) of high quality pharmaceutical products according to schedule, cost and quality standards, while maintaining employee engagement, safety performance, and ensuring adherence to all regulatory control and documentation procedures.
What will you do?
- Provides leadership to assigned staff by performing the following: leading organizational change; developing and empowering staff; cultivating relationships; putting staff in a position to succeed, meeting their personal career goals while also achieving organizational goals; building effective teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals; driving engagement, accountability, and creating a climate where staff are motivated to do their best.
- Supervises employees in day to day operations by spending at least 50% of available time interfacing with employees to ensure that every product unit is of high quality and exceeds all the Company’s current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Ensures that production schedule is met by distributing workload in accordance with changing priorities.
- Ensures production operations are properly controlled and regulatory compliance requirements are met by ensuring batch documentation is accurate, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are accurate, training is current, critical documentation templates are accurate, equipment is in good repair and current calibration, and high standards of housekeeping are maintained in all areas of responsibility.
- Prepares performance reviews for all employees and evaluates personnel performance according to performance management process. Provides feedback for continuous improvement. Holds staff accountable and applies discipline process as required. Assists in hiring staff as needed. Maintains a work environment with fosters teamwork and supports the company’s continuous improvement process.
- Evaluates/solves operation problems by reviewing the area of concern, developing potential solutions, technically evaluating or testing the solutions, and preparing summary reports/recommendations for management.
- Supports the company’s safety program to maximize safety awareness and provides a safe work environment. Ensures responsibility of each employee to work in a safe and responsible manner in order to create an injury-free and incident-free workplace. Complies with all job-related safety and other training requirements.
How will you get here?
Education: Minimum a Bachelor degree or equivalent, required
- At least five (5) years of technical and/or manufacturing experience in oral solid dosage (tablets and/or capsulate) within granulation, compression, coating and printing process, preferable.
- One (1) to five (5) years of supervisory experience preferred.
Equivalency: Equivalent combinations of education, training, and relevant work experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Technical and operational knowledge of aseptic processing operations, such as granulation, compression, encapsulation,
- Familiarity with a variety of GMP’s concepts, federal regulations, practices and procedures.
- Strong decision making skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment under pressure, able to multi-task and is results-oriented.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public, including tact to handle sensitive matters.
- Effective and strategical verbal/written communication skills at all levels – Spanish and English.
- Able to create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), work instructions manufacturing process, and process deviation reports (DRs).
- Knowledge in continuous improvement projects and tools (Kaizen, Gemba, 5’s, Fishbone, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead professional staff in order to achieve goals, evaluate and resolve complex technical problems. Ability to motivate, energize, and retain key staff by direct interactions with supervisors and staff. Lead by example set the example for others to follow
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000+ extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.