Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Supervises and plans the day to day operations of the staff relating to interval and non-interval meter data gathering including all aspects of the meter data management systems, inventory and service order systems and strategies for CT/WMA Eversource territories. Also supervises processing and research related to mail and electronic payment exceptions. Responsible for supervising the development, training, and release of application systems for metering data and payment exceptions business functions. Supervises all maintenance and support needs for data collection processes utilized by meter reading, meter service functions, and related billing functions. Key interfaces include Billing, IT, Meter Field Services, Meter Operations/Meter Engineering and ISO/Load Research.
- Recommends and coordinates continuous improvement activities for metering technologies including operational trends, internal and external benchmarking, identification of industry “best practices” and facilitation of process improvement teams.
- Directs the development and implementation of work method standards and operating procedures to ensure effective operation of all associated meter collection systems and payment exception processing and research.
- Supervises the work activities of assigned nonexempt personnel engaged in mail payments assignments associated with the daily processing payment exceptions such as bank returned checks, and the reconciliation of suspense postings and special/error conditions.
- Assists in maintaining Sarbanes-Oxley internal accounting controls relative to the customer payments processing system.
- Ensures timely daily balancing of AM and PM cash from electronic/mail payment sources and timely approval of C2 batches and adjustments.
- Ensures that scalar and/or Time-Of-Use (TOU) customers are billed in an accurate, reliable, and timely manner.
- Identifies and communicates group and individual performance measures and expected performance levels, assesses team/individual performance and realigns performance measures, as appropriate.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and Company policies, changing operating procedures as necessary.
- Interacts with internal and external customers and resolves concerns and complaints as necessary. Responsible for customer satisfaction with response to meter data management and payment issues.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements (SLA) compliance for data delivery to business partners.
- Develops and supervises staff which includes training, scheduling, productivity, performance reviews and conflict resolution.
- Recommends appropriate staffing levels and performance standards.
- Monitors performance and reviews deliverables for accuracy, timely and proper processing.
- Proposes, evaluates, and implements operational activities to determine and recommend streamlining opportunities including process automation through system enhancements.
- Participates in the development of strategic metering plans, including the design, development, testing, and deployment of new systems and technologies in collaboration with other Eversource stakeholders, such as Treasury, Billing, Metering and IT Enterprise Planning.
- As needed, participate on special projects / work teams to assist with implementing key initiatives, strategies and process improvements that identify and recommend solutions to problems that help better serve our customers
- Provides day to day support to ensure the health and continuous improvement of the meter to bill and payment exception processes.
- Monitors daily operational trends and system applications related to the meter to bill process and payment exception processing.
- Remains current with technology trends in meter-to-bill solutions.
- Demonstrates competency and proficiency in oral and written communications
- Customer driven
- Displays initiative
- Participates in and facilitates team effectiveness
- Thinks and acts analytically
- Makes sound decisions to support the department’s mission
- Applies knowledge and skill to solve problems and respond promptly, appropriately and constructively to employees
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills, as well as business acumen
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Working knowledge of meter data applications and other relevant technology applications.
- Associate degree in Business, Liberal Arts, Engineering or the equivalent experience
- Minimum of Five (5) years of experience in a customer service, meter related area or payments.
- Prior supervisor experience is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of metering systems, operational principles, process improvement, information needs, and systems utilized by the metering functions is desirable.
- Knowledge of customer payment processing is a plus.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.