- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1 year of experience in validating technologies and architectures on silicon.
- Programming experience (Assembly, C, C++ or scripting using Python or Perl).
- Experience developing silicon validation tests and debugging pre-silicon and post-silicon issues.
- 3 years of experience developing random stress testing silicon validation frameworks, tests, or related infrastructure.
- Experience with JTAG based debuggers (e.g. Lauterbach).
- Experience with complex system debug, embedded operating systems, or bare metal programming.
- Experience with running tests on emulation platforms and/or FPGAs.
- Proficiency in CPU architectures, ARM knowledge, HW/SW interface, and possess strong debugging skills.
- Strong knowledge of OS fundamentals.
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
As a System Validation Engineer, you’ll lead system validation and debug efforts and work with a team responsible for bare-metal and OS-based validation.
Google’s mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people’s lives better through technology.
- Plan, develop, and execute tests to validate an hardware IP and integration at the system level. Read hardware specifications, identify test cases at the IP and the system level, document them, and implement them to run on emulation, FPGAs, and the post-silicon environment.
- Interface with Software, Architecture, Design, and Pre-silicon Validation teams to formulate test plans.
- Create, define, and develop system validation environments and test suites.
- Develop methodologies, execute validation plans, and debug failures.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
Other jobs you may like
Creates, defines and develops system validation environment and test suites. Uses and applies emulation and platform level tools and techniques to ensure performance to spec.
Responsible for the development of methodologies, execution of validation plans, and debug of failures. Requires broad understanding of multiple system areas and requires interfaces with Architecture, Design, and Presilicon Validation teams in improving postsilicon test content and providing feedback for future ondie debug features.
- Writing technical documentation.
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years of experience or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of experience in:
CPU micro-architecture and/or high speed bus protocol.
Debug skills and solving complex problems.
Python Scripting or similar relevant skill
- Experience with post silicon validation.
- Intel architecture and/or Intel chipset experience.
- Experience with Logic or Protocol Analyzer equipment.
- Python Scripting.
- Test Automation Frameworks .
- Linux OS, Windows OS.
- Experience with computer Architecture
- Design, verification or validation disciplines, system/platform level debug and root cause isolation, methodology and tools.
Inside this Business Group
The Infrastructure and Platform Solutions Group (IPSG) builds the silicon and platform infrastructure for Intel’s silicon design teams. IPSG is comprised of a reusable pool of infrastructure IP blocks, design enabling services such as tools and automation, and a best-in-class post silicon ecosystem that ramps quickly to high volume manufacturing and validation. Our primary mission is to protect Intel’s brand by providing the infrastructure necessary to enable all of Intel’s products to hit the market on a dependable and predictable cadence.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.