- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Unix/Linux operating system, Internet-based applications, and web servers.
- Experience with scripting and writing/modifying code to improve monitoring or deployment in Python, Go, Perl, Java, C, and/or Shell.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking (e.g., DNS, DHCP, etc.).
- Excellent customer service, leadership, organizational, communication, and interface skills.
- Troubleshooting skills and understanding of internet peering/routing topologies (eg, BGP).
- Outstanding Linux/Unix skills with an understanding of IP network administration.
About the job
Systems Administrators embrace Google’s motto to ensure millions of users can access the world’s information without a glitch. As a Systems Administrator at Google, you own and support the needs of one of Google’s server infrastructure systems. You’re highly technical and work directly with other server and service owners to ensure reliability and sustainability of the Google service infrastructure as well as compliance with internal policies. Success in this role means you are able to support servers in a mixed operating system environment and work efficiently with our internal technology providers as well as other operations groups. Googlers rely on your guidance when it comes to design decisions so you’ll have a direct impact in keeping the business productive.
EdgeOps provides global infrastructure support to external network operators and infrastructure partners where Google’s network meets the operator’s or partner’s network (Google Global Cache CDN).
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google’s product portfolio possible. We’re proud to be our engineers’ engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Provide remote system administration of Unix machines across the globe to ensure the reliability of Google’s content delivery infrastructure.
- Collaborate regularly with partnering ISPs and Telcos to provide technical assistance, remote troubleshooting and IP networking support.
- Perform as part of a global 24×7 network operations team during Sydney’s core hours.
- Work closely with various network and software engineering teams.
- Work in a fast paced environment while ensuring the uptime and availability of Google’s products.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.