At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Real-Time Systems Security Engineer (RTSSE) will implement the Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security strategy and provide proactive cyber security risk management. The RTSSE will act as a liaison to the Generation OT teams, Security Architect and Cloud and Infrastructure Operations/Engineering and Utility OT teams to effectively communicate and assist in ICS security engineering design specification, architecting and implementing effective ICS security solutions. The RTSSE will also assist with vulnerability mitigation plans, incident response and security event monitoring engineering support, compliance and audit support, and providing OT cyber security training. The RTSSE will ensure the implementation of ICS security measures in accordance with established procedures to ensure safety, reliability, confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation, and will perform ICS security reviews to identify gaps in security design and architecture. The RTSSE will assist in the development of ICS security risk assessment reports.
Technologies used include Python, VMWare, Systems Administration (Windows or Unix), KALI
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members, technical teams, and business clients, (40%) including:
- Provide ICS cyber security recommendations to the Lead RTSSE
- Work with stakeholders to design ICS security design specifications and architectures
- Provide input to implementation plans and standard operating procedures as they relate to ICS cyber security
- Develop specific ICS cyber security countermeasures and risk mitigation strategies for systems and/or applications
Work closely with technical teams to implement effective security configurations/requirements (30%), including:
- Analyze and design security measures to resolve ICS vulnerabilities, mitigate risks, and recommend security changes to system or system components as needed
- Mitigate/correct security deficiencies identified during Factory Acceptance Testing, Site Acceptance Testing, and/or recommend risk acceptance for the appropriate senior leadership
- Verify and update security engineering documentation reflecting the application/system security design features
- Verify minimum security design specifications are in place for ICS assets to support security event monitoring and incident response
Work closely with the R&D and innovation teams to ensure secure implementation of ICS systems into production. 10%
Assist with vulnerability mitigation planning, incident response and security event monitoring engineering activities for security and compliance requirements. 10%
Conduct engagement and provide ICS cyber security training to ICS personnel. 10%
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, engineering, or a related discipline, and 2-5 years of solid, diverse experience in ICS, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
At least 2-5 years of demonstrable security engineering or related experience, including:
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements.
- Knowledge of incident response and handling methodologies.
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization, and access control methods.
- Knowledge of cryptography and cryptographic key management concepts.
- Knowledge of embedded systems.
- Knowledge of system fault tolerance methodologies.
- Knowledge of how system components are installed, integrated, and optimized.
- Knowledge of human-computer interaction principle.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles and organizational requirements (relevant to confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, non-repudiation).
- Knowledge of network access, identity, and access.
- Knowledge of network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and tradeoffs.
- Knowledge of parallel and distributed computing concepts.
- Knowledge of key concepts in security management (e.g., Release Management, Patch Management).
- Knowledge of configuration management techniques.
Graduate degree in cyber security, engineering, or related area of expertise.
Relevant security certifications (CISSP, CISM, GICSP)
Appropriate technical skills and in-depth knowledge of business unit functions and applications, including:
- Demonstrated experience and subject matter knowledge of SCADA, ICS, Distribution Automation, Smart Grid, DMS, and ECS systems architecture.
- Experience in analyzing Basic Process Control Systems (BPCS), Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS), and Fire & Gas (F&G) systems.
- Demonstrated experience in security risk assessments, requirements development, secure design analysis, architecture assessment and development, and security testing of applications and systems.
- Extensive experience developing, evaluating, and implementing ICS security architectures, technologies, standards, and practices to secure applications and ICS.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the implementation of governance frameworks and security risk management processes, such as NIST, ISO, ISA99, IEC 62443 guidelines and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in addressing regulatory compliance for the security requirements in applicable laws and regulations, such as NERC CIP, CFATS.
- Demonstrated experience and subject matter knowledge in cyber security for applications, web architectures, operating systems, databases, and networks.
- Knowledge and experience in application security standards, methodologies, and technologies.
- Solid capability to assess network architectures and operating systems for vulnerabilities and develop appropriate security countermeasures.
- Solid knowledge and experience with OT security aspects of operating systems, embedded operating systems, and Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC).
- Experience in assessing security applications and systems, such as Cisco firewalls, security appliances, IDS/IPS, SSL or TLS, IPSec.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical skills, technical knowledge, and practical application of cyber and information security principles to business leaders and technical staff.
- Experience providing training to ICS personnel.
- Experience with Python, VMWare, Systems Administration (Windows or Unix), KALI.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law