A team lead invests a majority of their time in building relationships with team members and making sure they complete daily processes efficiently. Team leads develop their team through continuous feedback and demonstrations. They also lead daily team huddles where they inform associates of work priorities and business needs.
- Leading Others – 50%
- Positively influences team to gain support for new initiatives in the store
- Motivates team to meet goals and perform at high standards
- Ensures team is following proper process and procedure
- Encourages collaboration and teamwork amongst associates
- Prioritizing Daily Work – 25%
- Uses data and policy to make good decisions quickly
- Sets the plan and pace each day and assigns work to team based on priorities and goals
- Follows up with team and assists with task completion as needed
- Developing Others – 25%
- Teaches associates how to find and use tools to improve overall customer experience
- Guides associates who need improvement
- Recognizes associates who perform well and exceed expectations
- Provides in-the-moment feedback
What’s different for a team lead?
- Delegates things like shelf work and working freight to team associates
- Leads and develops their team
- Leads a daily huddle
- Prioritizes team’s work for the day
- Reviews metrics and sets team goals in the Team App
What questions should I be able to answer?
- What are the priorities of your team today?
- Are you assigning ownership and touring to teach?
- How are you giving feedback and recognizing associates?
- Minimum Qualifications
- 1 year retail experience
- For facilities that sell only ammunition and have state-specific requirements, may require a current state issued Certificate of Eligibility.
- For facilities that sell firearms, may require successful completion of a firearms- specific Criminal Background Check (CBC) and Firearms Authorized Training.
- Preferred Qualifications
- 6 months retail fresh experience
- 6 months supervisory experience
- Certificate of Completion in People and Business Leadership through Live Better U and Bellevue University
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Bonus pay