The Move Money Solutions division within Operational Services is responsible for moving assets into, out of, and between Schwab accounts. We play a critical role for the firm in our efforts of delivering service and a best-in-class client experience for both retail investors and independent advisors, while providing a controlled and focused environment that allows our employees to feel valued and engaged.
What you are good at:
The Move Money Solutions Team Manager position requires a strong leader who can empower, inspire and develop a diverse team responsible for performing and executing on our Organization’s purpose and mission. In this role, you will handle a multi-facet team that provides client servicing, as well as processing time sensitive high risk client transactions. This is a fast paced, detail-oriented, high volume, and deadline-driven environment requiring the ability to build and champion relationships across the firm in order to be successful. In addition to a background in Brokerage/banking Operations, the ideal candidate should possess experience effectively managing people at different stages in their career and professional development!
In this role you will work with business partners and the Move Money Solutions Infrastructure team on system changes and improvements. Candidates will assist in the development, implementation and management of procedural changes and provide operational and business support to diverse teams within Operational Services. This position is responsible for reviewing and approving clients and business partners transactions in a high paced risk environment.
The Move Money Solutions Team Manager will develop team members through coaching, career development mentoring, and motivational techniques and work with the Managing Director to build and implement individualized coaching plans centered on a professional’s growth and development. Through one-on-one meetings, our Managers take time to focus on each professional as an individual with outstanding goals and aspirations.
What you have:
- 5 + years of experience in the financial services industry preferred and/or prior supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required.
- Series 7, 63, and 9/10 licenses required. A condition of employment may be considered for highly qualified candidates to obtain licensing.
- Proficient technical skills, including knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Flexible with regard to both schedule and role as both may change with little notice in response to business demand.
- Strong analytical and influencing skills with the ability to think creatively and offer solutions that benefit the employees, clients, and firm.
- Demonstrated ability to build, sustain and lead in an engaging, team oriented environment.
- Positive attitude, passion, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Ability to identify and mitigate risk by adhering to department and firm policies and procedures.
- Experience in training and developing team members and comfortable with providing feedback
- Aptitude to identify process improvement opportunities and inspire others to embrace new insights in a rapidly changing environment.
- Critically think beyond day to day operations and analyze a variety of factors and metrics when making global decisions for the department.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to influence, build consensus and integrate sophisticated information.
- Must be team oriented, great at problem solving, able to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a dynamic and fast paced regulated environment.