- Bachelor’s degree in architecture or engineering
- 12+ years of experience in architecture and program management with demonstrated experience with sustainable, high-performance buildings
- Architectural registration
- Building design project management experience from programming, design, construction, and operations
- Demonstrated expertise in software programs for Revit, Bluebeam, BIM360, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite, and technical specifications platforms
Amazon is seeking a Technical Architect to support design teams leading customer fulfillment and logistics building programs. The successful candidate will be a registered architect with experience in technical architectural design related to commercial, manufacturing, industrial and/or logistics buildings. This individual must be comfortable operating tactically and strategically. The right candidate will demonstrate a track record of success in performing a full range of technical architect functions while leading internal, outsourced, and vendor design teams in an extremely fast paced environment that has a high degree of ambiguity.
At Amazon, we are diverse, driven, and creative team of design professionals, managers and leaders working daily to design facilities that are changing the world of customer fulfillment and logistics.
The role will be based in Seattle WA and will include occasional travel.
- Provide technical architectural design expertise in support of sustainable building design standards, architectural design standards, technical specifications, and technical drawing standards
- Provide support to building design teams for detailing, systems, components, products, and materials
- Provide deep knowledge and experience to building design teams for complex and technically challenging Type I and Type II buildings including high-rise classification to customer fulfillment and logistics building designs
- Provide technical design and quality reviews at various milestones throughout the design process to ensure building designs are compliant with design standards
- Review building design to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes
- Demonstrate performance that serves as a model of excellence establishing technical design standards, design team collaboration, and stakeholder alignment
- Assist with driving a world class associate experience and operational efficiency as part of the building design
- Assist with supporting concept design for various customer fulfillment and/or logistics buildings
- Assist with supporting third-party architects, engineers and designers responsible for creating the building design templates (i.e. prototypes) for customer fulfillment and/or logistics buildings
- Sets an example by staying current with professional continuing education as well as product and material innovations
- Master’s degree in architecture, architectural engineering, or business
- Proven experience implementing and managing a building design program including development of templates (i.e. prototypes), technical specifications, and design standards
- LEED AP BD+C and/or PHIUS+ certification
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary design teams, consultants, and vendors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong competency with time management, organization, and attention to detail
- Recent and documented professional continuing education
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.