- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of professional experience in software engineering.
- Experience developing technical products and with technical innovation.
- Experience developing capacity planning or network optimization software.
- Experience as a software engineer and technical leader providing technical structure to teams, working with management and stakeholders to define strategic roadmaps.
- Experience influencing multiple teams of engineers concurrently while partnering on development initiatives, and motivating others to act by creating a shared sense of purpose and compelling vision for the future.
- Ability to think strategically and globally to develop innovative product solutions, and operate effectively across regional boundaries and at the intersection of technology and business with a strategic entrepreneurial mindset.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative leadership approach.
About the job
Google builds and operates one of the largest sets of networks in the world. The Global Networking Technology team, part of the Google Global Networking (GGN) team, implements the full-stack technology necessary to deliver and scale the software defined networking layers and services reliably and efficiently. The full-stack technology includes software defined data, control and management planes as well as all the planning and optimization software for IP and optical layers of this network. The networking software written helps Google forecast, plan, design, and deploy its global production network.
As Technical Lead, Network Design and Planning Systems, you will be the technical leader for the design and development of an ecosystem of software that designs, optimizes, and builds Google’s production network infrastructure. You will work directly with product areas across Google to design solutions to scale and grow Google’s network and connectivity infrastructure for the next decade. You will define and own the technical strategy of a software pipeline to achieve delivery of optimized connectivity to Google’s customers around the world.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Serve as the technical decision maker for the Global Networking Technology team’s network software competencies, including planning, design, and optimization.
- Define and set the overall technical strategy and roadmap for software teams in the organization.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to an organization of engineers.
- Represent Google’s network design and optimization software portfolio to product areas across the company.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.