- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Telecommunications, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience managing vendors, contracts, and budgets on projects.
- Experience in the telecommunications or cable industry (network operations, network construction and deployment, network architecture, network maintenance, customer installation, customer repair), or experience in general construction/engineering/project management.
- Experience in customer-facing roles.
- Experience managing large-scale projects and initiatives from start to finish.
- Experience managing construction projects.
- Experience working collaboratively on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to adapt as role evolves and changes.
About the job
Google’s projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it’s your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project’s progress and deadlines.
As a Technical Operations Manager, you’ll support the deployment, operations, installations, and maintenance of a fiber optic network supporting residential and business customers. You will flex to meet the needs of the business, plugging into areas where needs are critical, and then rapidly moving onto new areas of need as the business evolves. You will rotate across functions on a needs-basis.
“My internet is too fast!” …said no one, ever. Google Fiber’s mission is to deliver abundant, reliable internet on networks that are always fast and open. On our team, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment that’s challenging the status quo in the broadband industry.
- Collaborate with teams to manage vendor selection and agreement processes.
- Partner with the Finance and Controls teams to manage budgets and financial controls.
- Collaborate with peers in other markets, team members, as well as external partners to ensure business goals are met.
- Manage vendors to ensure cost and service level commitments are kept, and provide feedback to ensure delivery of quality and value.
- Develop project documentation, create reports, and presentations to communicate project updates to Google Fiber executives.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.