- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of technical program or project management experience
- Experience with data analytics tools, SQL, and reporting functions
Amazon Web Services, the fastest growing group in Amazon, is seeking to expand our Network Business Operations team with a Technical Program Manager in New York, NY.
You will be responsible for creating and managing forecasting and ordering strategies within our Networking team. You will implement reporting metrics that track supply availability and usage rates. You will align with cross-functional teams including Supply Chain, Data Center Ops, Engineering, and Finance in order to provide the most efficient network in the world.
You will develop and manage project schedules, identify risks and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders, define problem solving and risk mitigation strategies, and facilitate conflict resolution through the full project cycle. You will outline potential data errors and logic improvements in the forecasting and ordering systems.
You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of stakeholders as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed and timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity. You must have experience building processes and recognizing and implementing improvements and/or corrections.
- Create SOPs for transition management
- Build reporting metrics in a Tableau Dashboard
- Manage multiple competing cross-functional projects/programs simultaneously on a global scale.
- Interact with stakeholders (Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, Data Center Ops, IT) on a daily basis to execute transition plan.
- Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
- Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines and costs.
- Investigate and solution ambiguous process errors
- MBA or equivalent
- Prior experience with New Product Introduction, End of Life, and Transition Management
- Experienced in lean process improvement techniques and implementation
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.