Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
- Build acumen around the SW business, segments, customers, and go-to-market strategy
- Gain a thorough understanding of Sherwin-Williams technical service and sales processes
- Build technical service skills and aptitude
- Develop plans and diagnostic methods to effectively understand and address customer needs
- Execute product application and troubleshoot product issues
- Support the sales organization achieve financial goals and gain an understanding of P&L management
- Build cross-functional partnerships with and understand the interaction of Sales, Operations, & R&D to execute the business strategy
- Gain a basic understanding of the assigned division’s product offerings and technical applications
- Attend customer and prospects calls to deliver customer service and technical support to customers in territory, region, etc.
- Work with internal groups/departments to ensure product quality, service, and delivery meet or exceed customer expectations
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Respond to basic questions and concerns from the customer regarding product line(s) and general operations; generally involves task orientated situations, limited problem solving, and direct supervision.
- Conduct product trials to ensure customer’s knowledge and understanding
- Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to ensure customer understands products, applications, and solutions via product demonstrations, presentations, etc.
- Serves as a basic operational advisor to customers by applying routine quality tools and analytical concepts to assist with improving product quality and efficiency; receives direction or guidance on most issues
- Build and maintain relationships with customers to gain trust and create positive view of the organization
- Evaluate and redirect concerns or issues to appropriate source if unable to assist customer
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge on current and new products, including application technique
- Implement and share best practices regarding new products and customer training with team members, partnering closely with the R&D function
- Evaluate and recommend improvements to current products, systems, and processes
- Provides technical direction and assistance to customers on the use of the product line(s); typically includes single locations and technologies, and basic application methods
- Support and communicate with internal Sales teams on current and new customer needs, issues, and products
- Serves as a liaison with sales by interacting with line personnel, developing a greater understanding of needs and operations, and providing observations and leads to sales; receives direction from other personnel.
- Assists with performing account management activities by facilitating new or recurring orders, developing relationships with customer contacts, and facilitating communications with sales personnel.
- Assist in collecting market information on customers and competitors, and estimating customer potential and the facility/branch’s market share
- Partner with marketing and sales to identify competitor strengths and weaknesses and S-W’s competitive advantages
- Schedule meetings, calls, visits, etc. with external customers
- Develop and document strategies to troubleshoot customer issues
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Candidate must be willing to relocate for assignments and career advancement either as part of the rotation program or for the final third rotation when assigned a territory
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US on a full-time basis without restrictions or need for visa sponsorship
TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS/PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Effective written and verbal communication with team members and customers
- Establishing and maintaining organization of schedules, meetings, time sheets, and resources
- Customer orientation
- Diplomatic attitude
- Influencing customers
- Open-mindedness, willingness to accept change and new ideas
- Self-motivation to work independently with supervision
- Problem-solving to address issues or concerns in a logical manner
- Time management (prioritizing urgent matters)
- Maintaining positive attitude, especially in the face of challenges
- Personal accountability
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans