- Acquire basic use of computer system for purposes of information retrieval and order entry.
- Receive and process customer calls and emails, providing technical assistance, support and follow-up.
- Record daily calls and all appropriate information.
- Assist with calls regarding product discrepancies, document appropriately and follow-up where necessary.
- Notify customers of Quality Systems field notifications.
- Provide proactive technical support to customers requiring special handling from an assigned region(s).
- Interface frequently with other departments to provide seamless support to customers and the field sales organization.
- Optimize sales performance through a partnership with the Customer Care Representative, the Customer and Field Sales; ensure maximum customer satisfaction by resolving customer concerns in the most timely and efficient manner possible. Communicate the final resolution of all product issues to the Customers, Field/Internal Sales Representative(s), and internal personnel, if required.
- Assist with calls from Field/Internal Sales Representative(s).
- Provide technical support for Order Entry, Customer Service and other Thermo Fisher Scientific personnel regarding product inquiries, availability and catalog numbers.
- Provide in-house personnel with information on product requests and other competitive activity.
- Work with Product Managers to keep product information up to date, and to keep Technical Service Department informed of product up-dates.
- Attend professional workshops and seminars as assigned.
- Prepare and present training topics on what is current in microbiology.
- Promote Microbiology Division as Technical Service Representative at tradeshows and attend outside functions associated with these events.
- Review outside Technical Publications for applicability to Microbiology Division.
- Assist Customer Service and Order Entry with orders and phone calls as needed.
- Report any actual or potential safety hazards to the Supervisor, Human Resources, Safety Specialist or Senior Management.
- Perform customer conversion validations.
- Occasional travel for onsite customer visits.
- Possess degree in Medical Technology, Microbiology or similar clinical laboratory science.
- Possess experience in the area of clinical laboratory science, medical technology, particularly microbiology.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Prefer the ability to work without direct supervision.
- Prefer telephone or sales experience.
- Experience specializing in the area of Molecular Microbiology in a clinical and/or food safety laboratory, including RT-PCR, is a plus.