- Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math field or equivalent practical experience in technical support, professional services, software development, or product operations management.
- Experience in advocating for customer needs.
- Experience with scripting, coding, and/or system design.
- Experience with any of the following cloud storage solutions: SQL database administration, Google App Engine, open source software communities, cloud networking solutions and/or distributed computing technology.
- Experience using techniques such as packet capture/packet analysis, artificial packet creation, load testing and traffic path analysis to troubleshoot network latency, packet loss and other issues at the packet level.
- Experience implementing, administering, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices.
- System/network administrator level knowledge of Linux/Unix or Windows systems.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals and basic web technologies.
- Excellent troubleshooting, attention to detail, and communication skills in a fast paced setting.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Our Technical Solutions Engineers step in and own important customer issues in addition to providing support to our other support teams. You will be a part of a global team that provides 24×7 support to help customers seamlessly make the switch to Google Cloud. When customers cannot resolve issues themselves, your job is to ensure that we have the necessary tools and processes to swiftly resolve the issue.
You will troubleshoot technical problems for customers with a mix of debugging, networking, system administration, updating documentation, and when needed, coding/scripting. You will make our products easier to adopt and use by making improvements to the product, tools, processes and documentation. Our Technical Solutions team is focused on customer needs and you will help drive the success of Google Cloud by understanding and advocating for our customers’ issues. You will be required to work in a Shift Pattern or non-standard work hours as required. This may include weekend work.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer issues through effective diagnosis, resolution, or implementation of new investigation tools to increase productivity for customer issues on Google Cloud Platform products.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Google’s product technology and underlying architectures by troubleshooting, reproducing, determining the root cause for customer reported issues, and building tools for faster diagnosis.
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for internal stakeholders in engineering, sales, and customer organizations to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve Google Cloud.
- Work as part of a team of engineers/consultants that globally ensure 24-hour customer support. This will include a need to sometimes work non-standard work hours or shifts.
- Understand customer issues and advocate for their needs with cross-functional teams, including product and engineering teams to find ways to improve the product and drive high-quality production.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.