Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Performs a variety of system wide technical assignments associated with the design, installation, acceptance testing, maintenance testing, or maintenance of complex communications, electrical and electronic systems, components, and devices; with adherence to safety requirements.
1. Responsible for the acceptance, installation, and preventive maintenance tests on equipment to include protective relaying (electromechaninical and microprocessor), transfer trip, transformers, breakers, reclosers, etc.
2. Verifies correct operation of new electronic devices or systems, and authorizes use or places in service.
3. Interprets test results; makes recommendations to engineering, operating, programming, and other personnel, based on hardware characteristics or performance.
4. Calibrates, adjusts, and otherwise modifies performance characteristics of equipment;
5. Conducts tests and investigations in connection with customer complaints of a technical nature, such as radio or television interference, sound-level complaints, etc.
6. Reads and interprets engineering drawings, schematic, wiring, logic, and interconnection diagrams.
7. Makes reports, drawings, sketches, logs, and other up-to-date records of work performed;
corrects engineering drawings to reflect field changes.
8. Fabricates electrical or electronic circuitry to accomplish specialized functions or tests; designs, recommends, and/or installs modifications to electrical or electronic systems or devices.
9. Furnishes technical expertise, advice, and support to construction, regional, and other personnel as required.
10. Operates a variety of electrical and electronic instruments in tests and calibrations, such as voltmeters, ammeters, oscilloscopes, transmission test sets, frequency counters, spectrum analyzers, communications service monitors, multi-meters, relay test sets, etc.
11. Supports emergency restoration efforts as required.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS: (Education, Experience, Technical Skills)
Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology and 0-2 years of related experience or an associate’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or formal education equivalent to an Associate’s Degree with studies in Math and science and 2-4 years related experience required.
Test Specialist B:
Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology and 2-4 years of related experience or an associate’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or formal education equivalent to an Associate’s Degree with studies in Math and science and 4-6 years related experience required.
Test Specialist A:
Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology and 4-6 years of related experience or an associate’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or formal education equivalent to an Associate’s Degree with studies in Math and science and 6-8 years related experience required.
Senior Test Specialist:
Bachelor’s Degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology and 6+ years of related experience or an associate’s degree in electrical engineering or electrical technology or formal education equivalent to an Associate’s Degree with studies in Math and science and 8+ years related experience required.
1. Thorough technical knowledge of electrical and electronic components, circuitry, and systems, and ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art developments in these fields.
2. Skill and dexterity in repair, adjustment, and modification of electronic, microelectronics, and delicate electromechanical components, circuitry, and systems.
3. Knowledge of specialized instrumentation, use, and application; working knowledge of electrical and electronic testing and measurement techniques.
4. Ability to communicate technical information effectively, both in verbal and written form.
5. Familiarity with pertinent regulatory requirements.
6. Familiar with the use of computer software, including, but not limited to Microsoft word and excel. Able to create new folders and files and navigate windows.
7. Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Applicants must successfully pass the TECH test.
Bargaining unit employees with contractual rights to this position will be given first consideration.
Qualified candidates must submit a resume with their application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Other jobs you may like
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals..
Level II: Incumbent will be responsible for utilizing intermediate-level skills to perform customer support activities involving the testing and the verification of performance, installation, and preventative/ corrective maintenance of electronic equipment and sub-systems used for the nuclear power industry. Responsibilities will be carried out while interacting with customers, co-workers, and other professionals. Work is typically done under supervision.
Essential Job Functions and Accountabilities:
Perform electrical testing of components, printed circuits, assemblies, and systems. Document test plans, test procedures, and test results of each assigned job. Work with Engineering and Assembly to ensure manufacturing, construction, installation, and operations conform to functional specifications and customer requirements. Other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or equivalent
- 2-5 years of electronics testing or meaningful work experience
- General knowledge of the operation of analog electronic components
- Proven ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits
- Ability to read and understand electronic schematics
- Understanding of ESD standard methodologies
- Associates degree in technical discipline or Technical Electrical/Electronics/Computer experience desired but not required
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.