Please note this is a temporary role. This will initially be remote (working from home), so you will need to have your own IT equipment.
Purpose of the post: To ensure an effective and efficient compliance process for non-EU applicants and students to enable the University to retain its Tier 4 sponsor licence.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To prepare and review all supporting documentation, including interviews, against Tier 4 General regulations and the LSBU Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) policy in preparation for the issuing of a CAS.
- To administer the issuing of CAS for eligible applicants and current students and ensure that these get sent in a timely manner
- To provide advice to applicants/students regarding their Tier 4 supporting documentation and provide basic immigration advice
- To assist the Tier 4 Compliance Officer and International Admissions team to make admission and sponsorship decisions in accordance with Tier 4 General regulations and LSBU CAS Policy
- To keep abreast with the latest government legislation regarding immigration and ensure that relevant staff are aware of changes to Home Office policy guidance and that this is communicated
- To respond to enquiries relating to immigration and CAS by phone, e-mail and in-person
- To liaise regularly with the Premium Customer Service Team at the Home Office regarding students/applicants or any general immigration queries
- To create and maintain accurate records on the University databases, run various of data reports for internal and external purposes
- To assist the Tier 4 Compliance Officer in reporting information to the Home Office via the Sponsor Management System and preparing/sending notification letters to students
- To create and maintain a network of contacts in the industry to ensure best practice within the University.
- To maintain membership of relevant professional bodies and attend compliance training sessions.
- General office duties including filing, photocopying, production of documentation and answering correspondence
- To participate in international students’ enrolment and induction programmes.
- Any other duties as required by the International office
Experience / Skills
A. A first degree or equivalent work experience.
B. Experience of working in a higher education institution, preferably including experience of Tier 4 General or Home Office processes.
C. Excellent oral and written communication skills
D. Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
E. Experience collating data and undertaking complex analysis and reporting.
F. Experience of working with International students
G. Experience of the application of information technology in an administrative setting, including word and data processing skills and experience of using a multi-user computerised record system.
H. The capacity both to contribute to a team and to use own initiative.
I. The ability to operate flexibly and adapt to changes positively
J. Able to demonstrate an understanding of equality and diversity, and its practical application.
Health & Safety Considerations
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.