Ecolab is looking for a Training Specialist to support our Pest Elimination organization at our campus in St. Paul, MN. If you are an enthusiastic learner with the ability and ambition to drive educational and training engagement, you will have the opportunity to gain recognition as you help implement a dynamic learning culture. You will work cross-functionally and with multiple teams to help optimize and grow our training program.
This is the perfect role if you are self-motivated and are able to work with a sense of urgency in order to execute on multiple initiatives on tight timelines. The development of our Pest Elimination associates is a top priority as it reflects our capabilities deliver on and meet our high service standards.
The Pest Elimination Division protects the health and safety of our customers, and our customers’ customers, with industry leading science-based pest prevention solutions. Focused exclusively on commercial pest elimination, we bring cutting-edge innovation to diverse markets, sharing our expertise to help companies strengthen their brand, enhance customer satisfaction, increase efficiency and implement more environmentally sustainable practices.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Partner with subject matter experts to produce robust, sustainable high-level training content supporting the development of our sales and service associates.
- Develop the skills of our associates to ensure that the Pest Elimination division is providing superior and consistent service to our customers.
- Develop programs that may take the forms of digital eBooks, eLearning modules, self-directed modules, classroom materials (participant guide, facilitator guide, presentations, etc) and coaching tools.
- Enforce standards for brand compliance, style and templates.
- Test, troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to Pest Elimination’s learning assets and provide support relating to system for learners.
- Administer the learning management system (LMS).
- Candidate will work in St. Paul. Occasional remote work is possible.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of training experience
- Basic computer skills – MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms.
- Experience with an e‑learning authoring software.
- eLearning design experience and demonstrated expertise in the technical development, implementation and troubleshooting of web-based training modules.
- Experience with MS Office 365 applications and various learning/collaboration tools and technologies (i.e. WebEx, SharePoint). Experience with managing data in MS Excel using Excel functions. Experience with Power BI is a plus.
- Experience in instructional design and adult learning theory.
- Knowledge of technical content integration standards such as SCORM.
- Articulate 360 experience.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Other jobs you may like
- Train branch and field personnel on all aspects of the desktop, best practices, implementing solutions for increased productivity, client service and efficiency. Aligns firm and local objectives and initiatives. Primary point of contact for Field Management for all desktop and platform related training programs.
- Possess unique knowledge and experience with platforms and systems
- Become a SME on any changes to the desktop and platform
- Author and maintain training manuals, materials and newsletters utilized within the field
- Perform a needs analysis within territory and subsequently develop and maintain a custom learning plan or unique training program
- Ability to tailor the training approach to maximize the impact within territory
- Initiate and take ownership of projects within The Training Group
- Present at large scale events upon request by the Divisional Training Manager and field partners (500 plus attendees)
- Ability to deliver training in an individual one-to-one coaching setting with all members of the field
- Provide coaching support during the technologies pilot deployment phase
- Drive training discussions in Divisional, Regional and Complex meetings
- Provide leadership within divisional training team and branch management
- Develop and maintain a strong partnership between Information Technology, the BU and the DPRM department
- Mentor and train new Training Specialists
- Partner and develop relationships with Local Management teams, branch technology coordinators, CSA coaches and Learning Partners
- Coordinate feedback and provide unique UX input for development and business areas
- Responsible for demonstrating the capabilities of the technology and desktop platform to potential recruits during their VIP visits (specific to their book of business)
- Analyze and report applicable metrics, training impact, field feedback, user experience and escalations
- Manage/Escalate Issues
- Act as SME on projects as needed
- Contribute to running of The Training Group
- Expert ability to create presentations, programs and training materials.
- Proven ability to employ cross-platform experience in all aspects of a blended learning program
- Advanced knowledge of Branch environment and the brokerage industry
- Proven leadership and mentoring ability
- Expert knowledge of PCs, MS Office and Internet applications
- Advanced ability to recognize and communicate ways to leverage technologies to enhance business practice, efficiency, time management and communication systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organization and presentation skills (ability to conduct presentations to all levels of personnel including management).
- Extensive travel up to 80%
- Must be able work independently
- Must be flexible, self-directed and detail-oriented
- College degree preferred or commensurate applicable experience.
- Series 7 preferred