Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
This role will also work closely with the Digital Workplace Change Management Lead to forecast, prioritize, and align with business requirements for ongoing training and learning workshops. This role will work closely across divisional IT and Learning and Development teams to drive alignment on how we engage our users for training and share adoption best practices. This position will also work with the DW Release Management Lead to establish processes for understanding and communicating coming updates to the cloud based training platform.
This is an individual contributor position in the Digital Workplace Operations organization.
Strategy & Planning
- Design a plan for the transition of business resources from their current solution to an enterprise selected Learning and Development Platform
- Create a strategy to support adoption of the platform by applying change management processes and tools and partnering with the Digital Workplace Change Lead
- Build and manage relationships with key stakeholders to ensure current and future needs are met and value is delivered
- Own the communication and training plans and partner with the Change and IT Academy Leads to design, develop, and deliver communications and training for the L&D platform
- Participate in regular alignment meetings with various L&D partners to ensure we are using and communicating best practices and aware of upcoming changes
- Partner with Release Management Lead to define and implement release management strategy for the L&D platform
- Create broad awareness of planned technology training through the ongoing management and presentation of roadmaps to global IT leadership and teams.
- Assist in the Training Academy’s creation of ongoing technical training program schedule for written, video, in person delivery based on organizational needs/demand.
- Assist in the Training Academy’s global strategy to ensure content is consistently delivered to the language requirements for our global user base.
- Adept at learning the business, creating internal partnerships, fostering collaboration and recommending strategies that fit the Sherwin Williams culture.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Promote a common understanding of digital capabilities that can be articulated in business (non-technical) terms
- Identify anticipated resistance, create and execute plans to avoid and overcome resistance
- Implement best practices consistent with learning and development methodologies.
- Communicate plans and status, and escalate issues as required.
- Create and execute communication and training plans for L&D platform transition
- Create and maintain documentation around the L&D platform, from technical and licensing docs to end-user materials
- Establish governance practices around use of the enterprise L&D platform
- Collaborate with key technology teams (BRMs, PMO, Support, etc.) to align on training and adoption approaches.
- Liase with subject matter experts (release management, security, etc.) to ensure best practices are in place
- Coordinate with Procurement to understand and maintain the process for procuring and renewing licenses for the L&D platform
- Partner across Change Management and Project teams to ensure that new process and technology design elements are being appropriately communicated to the organization.
- Evaluate course effectiveness in relation to client timescales and expected outcomes
- Coordinates and prepares the Change Champion and Change Agent network responsible for understanding and supporting new technology changes into the organization.
- Assist with projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Attend business management and IT staff meetings where appropriate.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the team.
- Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Train and share knowledge with development teams in cross functional capacities.
- Assist with hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- Up to 25% travel as required (domestic and international)
- Work outside the standard office 7.5-hour work day may be required
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 8+ years IT and/or Business experience.
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience with learning and development strategy, planning, and execution.
- 3+ years’ experience executing programs/projects for a global enterprise supporting regional and language requirements.
- Experience implementing SaaS platforms or tools to support global collaboration, training or web conferencing needs preferred (Experience with products like Adobe Connect, WebEx, Mindtickle, CorpU preferred).
- Experience with Microsoft O365 Productivity suite required.
- Experience in dealing with large scale organizational change.
- Experience in facilitating training sessions with end-users remotely, preferred.
- 3+ years working in key leadership roles in large scale enterprise projects, preferred.
- Experience supporting large global projects including experience collaborating with work teams in a global environment.
- Experience working with cross functional teams and application owners.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
- Strong ability to train and teach others.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
- Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.