The Basel Measurement & Analytics (BM&A) group within Capital Management is responsible for calculating, analyzing, and reporting firmwide RWA for market risk, wholesale credit risk, and retail risk stripes. The RWA measures feed into corporate functions to quantify and determine regulatory capital requirements and support external regulatory filings and disclosures. Capital Management BM&A is responsible for the business requirements to develop and manage the Basel infrastructure and ensure calculations are in compliance with internal capital policy and guidance. In addition, Capital Management BM&A supports ancillary activities to perform impact analysis on methodology changes driven by new rule proposals, support RWA component of CCAR, Resolution & Recovery, Pillar 3 Disclosure, and Quantitative Impact Studies (QIS) for regulatory agencies.
The BM&A Implementation Team is responsible for managing and driving tech and innovation projects supporting the broader production teams. The candidate will be responsible for analyzing team processes and working with the team and technology to design improvement solutions. They will manage projects related to Capital and act as a Subject Matter Expert for downstream and upstream consumers of RWA and related exposures.
You will be responsible for:
- Effectively working on multiple projects of small, medium and large scale through sprints/iterations including overall project oversight and execution
- Supporting creation, review and approval of business and implementation requirements
- Assessing and engineering end-user service needs, define and deliver solutions
- Supporting test planning, execution and issue investigation
- Facilitating cost/benefit analysis and project prioritization across multiple stakeholder clients
- Defining, analyzing and monitoring success criteria, KPIs, trends and risk/opportunities for both short and long term operational health of production processes
- Monitoring development on an ongoing basis, evaluating progress and quality, managing issue resolution and taking corrective action as necessary
- Helping identify and recommend best practices, controls and standards for integration into BAU processes over time
- 5+ years of experience driving large scale initiatives across multiple functional groups with a focus on automation and strategic initiatives highly preferred
- Strong core finance technical skills and solid understanding of finance processes, infrastructure and systems, SQL skills preferred
- Understanding of derivatives products preferred
- Familiarity with process analysis and process flow charting
- Familiar with Business Intelligence tools and concepts (Tableau, Alteryx, Business Objects)
- Capable at project tracking using tools such as JIRA and/or SharePoint
- Proven ability to lead across LOBs/Functions and geographies; strong interpersonal skills with a focus on service
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure and within tight deadlines
- Self-motivated team-player. Must possess the ability to research and resolve issues independently while working across teams.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans