Requisition ID: 90732
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Investment Banking Analyst Summer Intern June to August 2021
About this Job
Global Banking and Markets provides a full range of credit, risk management and investment banking products and services relevant to the financing and strategic development needs of our clients. Our products include investment banking, mergers & acquisitions, corporate banking, institutional equity sales, trading and research, debt products, derivatives, foreign exchange and bullion & base metals. We also cross-sell the full range of wholesale products and services offered by Scotiabank.
Position: Investment Banking Co-Op Intern
Location: New York, New York
Position Highlights: The Analyst Internship Program at Scotiabank is designed to introduce students to the stimulating and challenging career of investment banking involving equity financings and mergers and acquisitions. The Analyst Program will provide the exposure to both the Investment Banking and Equity Capital Markets Groups. Analysts will learn to perform complex financial analysis such as market comparisons, company valuations and pro-forma financial modeling. In addition, Analysts prepare company and industry specific research to support financial valuations.
Putting forth a strong and consistent effort is critical to the success and development of an Analyst at Scotiabank. Analysts must have a strong work ethic, be accommodating and maintain extremely high professional standards. An Analyst is typically involved in a number of deals and projects at the same time and will work with several senior group members from specific industry sectors concurrently. Balancing the requirements of multiple deal assignments and/or projects can be very demanding. Putting forth a strong and consistent effort is critical to the success and development of an Analyst at Scotiabank. Analysts must also be willing to work extended business hours, including weekends as required, in order to meet multiple work deadlines.
Analysts will have the opportunity to be placed in Financial Institutions, Power and Utilities, Real Estate, Corporate Banking, or Equity Capital Markets
- Evaluating and analyzing the financial needs of corporate clients, including the development of financial models, marketing materials and presentations
- Supporting client pitch and deal execution efforts
- Financial and written analysis of companies and industries, including the development of valuation models, pro-forma financial statements and comparable company analysis, etc.
- Preparing client presentations
Applying product and capital markets knowledge to help clients achieve their financial objectives
- Undergraduate degree to be completed by Spring 2022
- Proven record of outstanding achievement in academic and extracurricular activities
- A clearly defined interest in Investment Banking
- Strong quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and financial theory
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- The ability to excel under pressure amid demanding deadlines
- The ability to perform effectively in a team environment
- High professional standards
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to new situations
- A strong sense of personal integrity and teamwork
- A high level of energy and a keen desire to learn new concepts
- Independent thinker and proven ability to make decisions
Related industry experience is an asset
Application & Selection Process:
How to apply:
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume and a copy of their most recent transcripts in a single PDF to the resume section ONLY of the Scotiabank Career portal as well as to their school’s Career Services Center before the deadline for submissions. Please note that in order to be eligible for this position your application must be submitted to the Scotiabank Career Portal.
We thank all candidates; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
Location(s): United States : California : San Francisco || United States : Florida : Miami || United States : Illinois : Chicago || United States : Louisiana : New Orleans || United States : Massachusetts : Boston || United States : New York : New York City || United States : Texas : Houston
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.