We’re looking for a passionate and curious generalist, who likes to gets hands on to deliver high-quality solutions and thrives an innovative, collaborative and delivery-focused environment.
The Chief Technology Office Experience team is a growing team of UX specialists and UX generalists. As part of this team, you’ll be driving user-centered design and modern development practices within product teams, using lean UX principles, spearheading design thinking workshops, and delivering solutions that help to improve the lives of people we work with across our product lines. This comes naturally to you, as evangelizing the user and continuous improvement are in your blood. You can turn something squishy into something actionable, and are open to scrapping your work and starting again. You’ll work with other designers in creation and critique, and be proactively promoting pairing with designs, development and PMs/POs to deliver strong value-adding solutions with measurable outcomes. You’ll openly discuss topics like ethics in design and cognitive bias in new technologies, and show your product teams why those topics matter.
What you’ll do:
- Research, design, prototype user-centric designs with rapid testing and iteration
- Support Software Engineers and Product teams to evolve designs during discovery and understand how designs translate to delivery / implementation
- Design and innovate solutions within our product areas like Artificial Intelligence model creation, Data Design, IT Service Management, DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Understand and apply accessibility to designs
- Communicate and articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions, bringing the team along your journey
- Support the Experience team in building out outcome-driven best practices that have strong roots in the methodology
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s in UX/HCI or related field or equivalent experience, 2+yrs of UX Design experience
- Proven track record in at least one design pillar: user research, interaction design/UX or visual design
- Experience with generative and evaluative, summative and formative research methods
- Experience working in agile / lean methodologies and facilitating design thinking workshops
- Experience with UX software and supporting tools to convey intent (Figma, Sketch, Invision, Optimal Workshop, UserTesting.com or similar)
- Excellent stakeholder management, influence and partnership skills, with ability to advocate for UX and communicate with diverse stakeholders
- Experience delivering world class experiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities on concurrent, rigorous deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of industry standard development tooling (Jenkins, Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Knowledge/understanding of DevOps concepts
- Proven strategic and critical thinking capabilities across business/technology vision, solutions, strategy, roadmaps and portfolio delivery
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies (Material Design, React, Bootstrap, AG-grid, responsive design, HTML, etc)
- Understanding of how to improve and contribute to a design system
To be considered for this position, you must have a portfolio available for review.JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.