The Data & Analytics team is the engine that powers JPMorgan Chase with insights to create competitive advantages for our business and deliver value for our customers. We have unified data and analytics talent across the firm and encompass a variety of disciplines including data science, reporting, quantitative analytics, and data governance. Within this organization, the Decision Sciences team leverages industry-leading data-driven techniques to convert data into meaningful insights that enable the firm to drive value and an outstanding customer experience.
The wealth management industry is rapidly changing and JPMorgan Chase is transforming our wealth management business to accelerate growth. We are looking for a strategic execution leader to oversee the implementation of our Decision Sciences strategy for the newly formed US Wealth Management (USWM) business unit, which includes Chase Wealth Management, JP Morgan Securities, and the You Invest digital platforms. Reporting to the Head of US Wealth Management Decision Science, this role will be central in ensuring the development and execution of our analytic strategy and tactics, including establishing operating models for our strategic initiatives and end-to-end management of cross functional programs.
This role is critical to executing our analytic strategies so we’re looking for exceptionally creative, ambitious, \”data curious\” thinkers who can help to ensure flawless delivery of our strategic roadmap. A typical day might include:
- Partnering across USWM decision science functions to translate strategic priorities for 2021 into a prioritized data & analytics roadmap
- Developing a business case and financial model for a new Data & Analytics ‘Big Idea’ given expected value to the firm in order to secure funding for the initiative
- Leading a cross-functional forum of subject matter experts to develop and test hypotheses about expected customer transaction behaviors in order to drive new product developments and marketing strategies
- Governing lead ideation and execution to ensure that inputs to Advisors are prioritized based on incremental impact to the business
- Designing a proof of concept to evaluate an external vendor’s data as a potential expansion the analytic capabilities within our customer recommendation engine
- Partnering with quantitative analysts and data scientists to develop customer personas that can inform whether an individual is best suited for self-directed investing, full service wealth management, or a hybrid solution
You are a strong candidate if you:
- Are a ‘jack of all trades’ (or ‘jill of all trades’) with a mix of business acumen, mathematical know-how, storytelling, and intuition to translate business priorities into analytic objectives with a plan for execution that delivers value
- Possess an unrelenting energy to bring ideas to life with the motor to drive projects from conception to completion
- Thrive at creating order from chaos; whether it’s a complex folder structure in Outlook or organizing your bookshelf by color, you excel at demanding structure, establishing processes, and creating efficiencies to drive results
- Create purpose and direction within project teams; you know how to keep the big thinkers grounded as well as bring detail-oriented analysts out of the weeds in order to move toward a common goal
- Demonstrate flexibility and creativity in your problem solving – you geek out about developing an elegant solution versus just solving a problem via brute force
- Recognize the stories in the data and illuminate them with consultant-quality visuals and presentations; you can summarize complex information to tell a simple story of what happened and why that can be easily consumed by executives
- Comfortably navigate hierarchy, culture and politics; you run meetings with grace and agility, ask the right questions, disagree without being disagreeable, and can flex your communication style across all levels of the organization
Bonus points if you:
- Have obtained a Certified Project Manager (CPM), Project Management Professional (PMP), or equivalent certificate
- Can profile, wrangle, prepare or analyze data from disparate sources using tools like SQL, SAS, Python, Spark, Scala or Alteryx
- Are proficient with Business Intelligence (BI) tools (e.g. Tableau, Shiny Dashboards)
- Exhibit deep knowledge of the financial services industry and businesses (e.g., wealth management, retail, wholesale as well as operations and technology functions); even better if you understand data domains that are needed by a wealth management organization (e.g., securities data)
- Possess a knack for picking up new technologies quickly and the ability to apply concepts learned in other areas
- Are a lifelong learner and hold a growth mindset; we welcome individuals who geek out on industry podcasts, sign up for programming courses on EdX and Coursera to expand their skills, or participate in KDD and Kaggle competitions for “fun” and love to share what they are learning with the rest of the team
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America’s households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
“How to Find a Job” Books
We may earn a commission if you click on some of the links below and make a purchase at no additional cost to you.
Do you have the right kind of job? How should implementation be staged? Where are you prepared to go for a job? What are the main goals of your job club? Is building culture possible with a remote team?
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a challenge or meet an objective is the most valuable role… In EVERY group, company, organization and department.
Breakthrough Remote Job: Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love. Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
Earn rewards for answering questions on products you already used and love.
Products such as Microsoft, Linkedin, WordPress, Postmates, Samsung Galaxy Phones, Air BnB etc.
I earn weekly for helping WordPress customers with their problems. My job is to reply emails, chat customers and answer questions, most of which we already have answers to in our HUB and forum.
You can join too as it is available to anyone of any age worldwide.
For too long our lives have been dominated by the ‘under one roof’ Industrial Revolution model of work. That era is now over. There is no longer a reason for the daily roll call, of the need to be seen with your butt on your seat in the office. The technology to work remotely and to avoid the daily grind of commuting and meetings has finally come of age, and bestselling authors Jason Fried and David Heinemeier Hansson are the masters of making it work at tech company 37signals. Remote working is the future – and it is rushing towards us.
Why Working-From-Anywhere-Companies Attract the Best Talent: A Guide for Companies, Employees and Remote Job Seekers
If your dream job is not related to a location, an office or a cubicle farm, then this book is for you. Look at a job in a totally new way and start enjoying life while being more productive.
Employers will like this book and embrace working-from-anywhere to have more engaged employees, attract top talent and save big on the bottom line.