ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions to include the following:
- Maintains respectful communication and interactions with consumers at all times.
- Ensures that individuals have resources needed to make informed choices and are active participants in decisions affecting their lives and supports received.
- Report any suspicions of abuse or neglect to the Disabled Persons Protection Commission as a mandated reporter.
- Takes initiative to integrate individual into the community in areas of his/her choice.
- Assist all individuals in meeting goals identified in all areas of the Individual Service Plan.
- Exposes individual to new ideas and choices, which assist in their continued growth and development.
- Is responsible for the safety and well being of all individuals. Is aware of and follows all Individual and Program Specific Safety Plans and approved behavior program.
- Ability to carefully monitor and supervise individuals served.
- Is prepared for and actively participates in all mandatory meetings.
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting program needs.
- Respects the role and responsibility of his/her supervisor and maintains the same work diligence whether his/her supervisor is present or not.
- Maintains a courteous professional attitude while conducting business by effectively communicating with all LifeStream personnel, family members, and all community contacts.
- Maintains work operations by following agency policies and procedures.
- Protects agency’s value by keeping individual information confidential.
- Completes all assigned tasks in a timely manner with minimal assistance.
- Consistently advocates for the individuals served in all areas above.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Maintenance of an acceptable CORI
- Valid driver’s license
- Negative drug screen
- Use of personal vehicle for work purposes
- Initial Physical Exam and Annual Exam (for MRC, ABI and AFC Programs)
- Initial Mantoux Testing and Annual Screening (for MRC, ABI and AFC Programs)
- Demonstrated commitment to the philosophy of community inclusion.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- An understanding of the field of Human Services.
- Demonstrated history of quality work performance and teamwork in previous positions.